Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One party should just use that: 'THREE WORD SLOGAN'

And then have ALL of their policies in the same format:

FIX THE NHS
EQUALITY RULES OK
STOP BEING TWATS
PEACE NOT WAR
NO TO VAR
JAFFA CAKE CAKE
BOURBONS BEST BISCUIT
BE KINDER PLEASE
IGNORE ARGUMENTATIVE STRANGERS
BUILD THE STATUES
JUSTICE FOR MONORAIL

:thumbsup:
SEND THEM BACK
PROTECT OUR BORDERS
NO NEW TAXES
STOP THE SCROUNGERS
GENDER CANNOT CHANGE
LABOUR ISN'T WORKING
OVEN READY DEAL
LIFE MEANS LIFE
WHAT ABOUT CORBYN
RELEASE THE BATS

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One party should just use that: 'THREE WORD SLOGAN'

And then have ALL of their policies in the same format:

FIX THE NHS
EQUALITY RULES OK
STOP BEING TWATS
PEACE NOT WAR
NO TO VAR
JAFFA CAKE CAKE
BOURBONS BEST BISCUIT
BE KINDER PLEASE
IGNORE ARGUMENTATIVE STRANGERS
BUILD THE STATUES
JUSTICE FOR MONORAIL

:thumbsup:
NO MUSIC THREADS?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
SEND THEM BACK
PROTECT OUR BORDERS
NO NEW TAXES
STOP THE SCROUNGERS
GENDER CANNOT CHANGE
LABOUR ISN'T WORKING
OVEN READY DEAL
LIFE MEANS LIFE
WHAT ABOUT CORBYN
RELEASE THE BATS
Trouble is, most of those have been done. For real – without a HINT of irony/sarcasm/humour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trouble is, most of those have been done. For real – without a HINT of irony/sarcasm/humour.
That was my point.

I much prefer your list.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Mr Caption Obvious

"A vote for anyone who isn’t the Conservative candidate, whether that’s Reform or anyone else, is just a vote to put Keir Starmer in power." - Rishi

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dreadful turnout. The actual number of votes for Labour in Wellingborough went up by 107. (13,844 yesterday to 13,737 in 2019). In Kingswood the vote for Labour went down by 5,316 (11,176 yesterday, 16,492 in 2019)
The Conservative vote has, unsurprisingly, collapsed. The "Can't be bothered to vote" party is winning hands down.
It was arrogance from the Conservatives. They recalled Peter Bone because of his sexual activities, and instead of finding a suitable candidate, the local Tories chose his girlfriend, because of threats from him that he would stand as an independent. By staying away the staunch Conservatives showed the local party members what they thought of that. Abstention is a valid 'vote'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was arrogance from the Conservatives. They recalled Peter Bone because of his sexual activities, and instead of finding a suitable candidate, the local Tories chose his girlfriend, because of threats from him that he would stand as an independent. By staying away the staunch Conservatives showed the local party members what they thought of that. Abstention is a valid 'vote'.
It is but the Bone and his girlfriend business doesn't apply to Kingswood. Perhaps I am posting on the wrong thread but I would think that Labour should be extremely worried that people are not enthused enough to come out and vote for them yet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’m predicting that Rishi is going to be pushed into announcing an election date by his own party.

His instinct will be to hold on as long as possible, in the hope that there’s an upturn in the party’s fortunes, while those with an axe to grind will grumble and organize below him.

Should there be any sign of an organized coup he’ll immediately push the election button in order to save himself.
he's an economics guy, that will drive election plan. he'll want to have one last Budget and let some effect of that come through. if Q1 GDP growth is positive that'll help, first interest rate cut in March/April, look to get it over with in summer (June, early July). otherwise wait until October (miss the conference season). leaving to Jan would look bad in itself and probably mean economic numbers haven't improved.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I’m predicting that Rishi is going to be pushed into announcing an election date by his own party.
I'm not so sure, they will want to cling on to power by their finger tips, having one last dip into the gravy train that is OUR money, before having to sign on.

They are corrupt, feathering the nest of themselves and their mates. Hunt has done to the economy that which he did to the NHS, screwed it, he did not 'reduce inflation' our independent bank did, together with the global reducing of fuel and food costs.

I just hope that the gullible members of the voting public, do not fall for the tax cut bribe funded by the further cuts in public services as being muted for the next budget.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not so sure, they will want to cling on to power by their finger tips, having one last dip into the gravy train that is OUR money, before having to sign on.

They are corrupt, feathering the nest of themselves and their mates. Hunt has done to the economy that which he did to the NHS, screwed it, he did not 'reduce inflation' our independent bank did, together with the global reducing of fuel and food costs.

I just hope that the gullible members of the voting public, do not fall for the tax cut bribe funded by the further cuts in public services as being muted for the next budget.

Exactly this. They have stolen from the taxpayer to the tune of billions. Siphoning finds off to themselves and their chums.

Every now and again they come out and say some slogans and promise us they’re trying to sort everything out.

A GE will let them off the hook. A bit like getting sacked from your shop job before they find out you’ve been munching all the Curly Wurly’s.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
he's an economics guy, that will drive election plan. he'll want to have one last Budget and let some effect of that come through. if Q1 GDP growth is positive that'll help, first interest rate cut in March/April, look to get it over with in summer (June, early July). otherwise wait until October (miss the conference season). leaving to Jan would look bad in itself and probably mean economic numbers haven't improved.

I agree that’s what he’ll want, but he governs by the grace of a party who are all watching him closely and openly sharpening their knives.

If he so much as feels a movement of air behind him he’ll push the election button. Not because that’s what he wants, but because they can’t then swap him out and retain the vaguest semblance of being a functional, electable political party.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Your points are valid, but my point is that desperate cornered creatures are unpredictable. I wouldn’t put it past them to try and swap leader again, even though Rishi is (depressingly) about as good as it gets for them.

I think that yet again it’s going to be internal Tory squabbling, rather than any thought of what’s best for the country, that’s going to determine when the next election is eventually scheduled for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your points are valid, but my point is that desperate cornered creatures are unpredictable. I wouldn’t put it past them to try and swap leader again, even though Rishi is (depressingly) about as good as it gets for them.

I think that yet again it’s going to be internal Tory squabbling, rather than any thought of what’s best for the country, that’s going to determine when the next election is eventually scheduled for.

But this whole Government has been defined by internal narcissistic and financially self serving squabbling between totally incompetent MPs, cabinet ministers and various SPADs, with no regard for the country getting f***ed over in the process, ever since being elected in 2019.

Exactly as predicted :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here