Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Who has said this? I'd be amazed if it was all done and dusted in such a short period. For context, the (excellent) Chilcot report took seven years. Hallett has three different questions to answer (preparedness, decisions taken during the pandemic, and lessons to be learned) and, we already know that she's being forensic in the evidence she's calling for via the government seeking legal redress. Think it's going to be a long one.
This timescale was suggested in a discussion between political commentators last week and whether any preliminary findings might be allowed. I do agree that it seems rather optimistic for a forensic and fully objective report to be completed... I'd prefer the latter but also understand that families and others might demand answers ASAP, especially should any sense arise that its being kicked into the longer grass.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, he’s tucking right into the most important matters.
What a total f***ing clown.

IMG_9252.jpeg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
More than a quarter of UK homeowners on a fixed-rate mortgage are heading for sharp increase in monthly payments before the next election, in a financial timebomb that will rock the Conservatives just as voters prepare to choose the next government.

Up to 60% of this mortgage timebomb was yet to hit consumers because millions of households were still on fixed-rate deals struck before the Bank of England started raising interest rates from a record low of 0.1% in December 2021.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Many UK businesses which import food products from the European Union will have to pay a special “Brexit tax” that will further drive up prices, particularly in smaller shops such as delicatessens, under proposals set out by the government last week.

The planned charge of £43 per consignment, outlined in a consultation document issued by the Department for Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), was described on Saturday by a leading industry figure as “the sting in the tail of a post-Brexit food inspection regime” that was already fuelling inflation.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If any more nails were needed...
One rule for them...

They are truly scum, my mums last Xmas, she sat alone in a home while we decided not to see our children.

They must leave office ASAP, there are no words for my utter contempt.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If any more nails were needed...
One rule for them...

As I posted on the other thread it's actually an old story. But more importantly the Conservatives knew about it soon after and only disciplined their members (4) for getting hammered and damaging property.

It was quite a while after the press got hold of it, months after the party knew.

This one has annoyed me for years. A Government that put all sorts of draconian measures in place and KNEW this took place. Report them to the police ? Of course not.....

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed.

It’s almost as if Johnson is laughing at us by giving the ‘star’ of the illegal party an OBE. Ben ‘the braces’ Mallett. What a grade A ****.

View attachment 162418
Not forgetting Shaun Bailey (Lord Shaun Bailey now) who, of course, was on the London Assemblies Police & Crime Committee at the time.

Getting a peerage for what? Corruption, partying or toadying?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Indeed.

It’s almost as if Johnson is laughing at us by giving the ‘star’ of the illegal party an OBE. Ben ‘the braces’ Mallett. What a grade A ****.

View attachment 162418
There was the DJ Spad at the lockdown party who got a DBE as well.

It really is the ultimate insult to the Covid dead, its SICK

Sunak was off his head approving this list ahead of the committee finding, naive fool

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was the DJ Spad at the lockdown party who got a DBE as well.

It really is the ultimate insult to the Covid dead, its SICK

Sunak was off his head approving this list ahead of the committee finding, naive fool
Mr Johnson is dining out on the fact ‘he claims’ we had the fastest vaccine roll out in Europe (which I’m sure we did for a period of time).

Anyone with even an ounce of decency would be handing out the gongs to those in the NHS who actually led on getting the Vaccine out rather than those that helped cover-up partygate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mr Johnson is dining out on the fact ‘he claims’ we had the fastest vaccine roll out in Europe (which I’m sure we did for a period of time).

Anyone with even an ounce of decency would be handing out the gongs to those in the NHS who actually led on getting the Vaccine out rather than those that helped cover-up partygate.
The NHS and laboratories did the hard work, not him.

We certainly started doing the vaccines before other countries but had it been tested thoroughly? The AZ vaccine is no longer given.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling

Those despicable tories must have at least an ounce of decency then ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here