Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Darth Mogg inferring that he knows better about ethics than the Archbishop of Canterbury. He’s got some neck, that ****.

I think it would be fair to say that the Archbishop knows more about the tenets of the Christian Faith than the weasel Rees-Mogg.

As a card carrying Christian I have been rehearsing in my head conversations with tories should I be canvassed over the next couple of weeks. I had already decided I would say I consider the Rwanda policy to be evil, and that is having thought about it at length.

Whatever people might say about fairy stories, most of what is in the Bible is about justice, fairness and tolerance. There is a great deal in the Old Testament in particular - the Jewish Law bits - about being kind to strangers/foreigners: leave stuff at the edge of your field once you’ve harvested for the alien. Rees-Mogg is just showing his ignorance of the main thrust of the Christian Faith, because he is a selfish and ignorant tw@t.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Labour said that a fresh Partygate revelation on Sunday implied that*Boris Johnson*instigated one of the No 10 parties that he has denied attending.

The deputy*Labour*leader, Angela Rayner, spoke out after the Sunday Times reported that a gathering that took place in Downing Street on Friday 13 November 2020 took on the nature of a leaving party only after Johnson arrived and started pouring drinks.

She said: “While the British public was making huge sacrifices, Boris Johnson was breaking the law.

“If the latest reports are true, it would mean that not only did the prime minister attend parties, but he had a hand in instigating at least one of them. He has deliberately misled the British people at every turn.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think it would be fair to say that the Archbishop knows more about the tenets of the Christian Faith than the weasel Rees-Mogg.

As a card carrying Christian I have been rehearsing in my head conversations with tories should I be canvassed over the next couple of weeks. I had already decided I would say I consider the Rwanda policy to be evil, and that is having thought about it at length.

Whatever people might say about fairy stories, most of what is in the Bible is about justice, fairness and tolerance. There is a great deal in the Old Testament in particular - the Jewish Law bits - about being kind to strangers/foreigners: leave stuff at the edge of your field once you’ve harvested for the alien. Rees-Mogg is just showing his ignorance of the main thrust of the Christian Faith, because he is a selfish and ignorant tw@t.

there's also a punishment of death by burning for prostitution, old testament is a bit hit and miss on morality. when determining the Rwanda policy "evil", im curious is that a comment on the destination or the practice of sending people where they dont wish to be, and are there not biblical context of similar? many terms to describe policy, seems a bit of ratcheting up the outrage going from a publicity stunt to evil. thought Archibishop hit a sensible note with outsourcing responsiblity.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
there's also a punishment of death by burning for prostitution, old testament is a bit hit and miss on morality. when determining the Rwanda policy "evil", im curious is that a comment on the destination or the practice of sending people where they dont wish to be, and are there not biblical context of similar?

There needs to be a certain amount of common sense applied. Strict interpretation of Jewish law would mean we wouldn’t eat bacon sandwiches, ************ would be out of the question, and Same sex relationships would be taboo……. All of which I would disagree with.

As for the Rwanda Policy evil bit, the Jewish people were in and out of slavery and exile - including 40 years (allegedly) in the wilderness. That goes some way to explaining why they were encouraged to be sympathetic and kind to foreigners. And Jesus Christ himself, who after all is the Central figure of the Christian Faith, spent all his active years annoying the Jewish authorities by consorting with people he should have had nothing to do with - prostitutes, Roman soldiers, tax collectors, Samaritans. Most people probably don’t realise that, if you read the parable of the Good Samaritan, the idea of a Samaritan helping a Jew would be akin to a Protestant helping a Catholic in Belfast at the height of the troubles.

Everybody matters, and the idea of shunting people off to Rwanda to satisfy the bloodlust of the most fervent racists in the electorate is therefore profoundly unchristian, and Rees-Mogg or John Redwood or anybody else who seeks to denounce what Welby has said are, in my view, very very wrong.

Edit: the asterisks there were not my doing, but the word blanked out is about the concept of people pleasuring themselves…. If that makes sense.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Labour said that a fresh Partygate revelation on Sunday implied that*Boris Johnson*instigated one of the No 10 parties that he has denied attending.

The deputy*Labour*leader, Angela Rayner, spoke out after the Sunday Times reported that a gathering that took place in Downing Street on Friday 13 November 2020 took on the nature of a leaving party only after Johnson arrived and started pouring drinks.

She said: “While the British public was making huge sacrifices, Boris Johnson was breaking the law.

“If the latest reports are true, it would mean that not only did the prime minister attend parties, but he had a hand in instigating at least one of them. He has deliberately misled the British people at every turn.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

£10,000 fine??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nicola Sturgeon now pictured without a legally required mask, another one that is do as I say but happy not to follow her own rules.

Completely, but what was happening in Westminster during the lockdown is on another scale.

No fan of Nicola Sturgeon either. We have awful politicians in power.

BHA3000

Jan 7, 2014

Could not give a **** that at Easter the archbishop has said this is "the opposite of the nature of God",

Seriously?........get some ****ing perspective on the nature of your God you ****ing hypocrites..

Its fine to drown the whole planet bar a handful on an ark, just dandy to allow 250,000 to drown in a tsunami, no second thought when killing thousands every year in earthquakes. God invented diseases that kill children. God cures people apparently if you prey hard enough……..but that doesn’t include amputees.
WTF. Own your ***** imaginary God but please don’t try and preach some sort of moral high ground.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
When the Archbishop of Canterbury uses his Easter message to question the Rwanda policy, and then Jacob Rees-Mogg decides to shoot the messenger, you know this is getting serious.

This whole Rwanda thing is bigger than partygate. It is so ill-conceived and ill-judged, it has the capacity to bring down the government.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nicola Sturgeon now pictured without a legally required mask, another one that is do as I say but happy not to follow her own rules.
Ha ha ! Desperate times indeed when almost everywhere is officially " Mask Free ' legally.... but, someone has caught the FM mask less for a few seconds..and that is a hanging offence.. unluckily for her she was caught going briefly maskless rather than being maskless at a series of illegal parties which of course, are " fluff and nonsense " and thereby don't count

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Worst crop of politicians in my lifetime on every side.

The cynic in me says it's by design.... Corporate lobbying and corruption has crept in and now calling the shots using these puppets as the mouthpiece who don't necessarily have the British peoples interests at heart.

Pretty grim state of affairs.

Last edited:

Flex Your Head

I started writing a very long post explaining why this shameless bunch of crooks and charlatans is the worst government we've ever been subjected to, how it's seemingly become the UKIP rather than Tory party, how every Tory MP who stays silent amongst all this shit is complicit in wrecking our democracy, and how I hate Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Truss, Dorries and every other cabinet member with every fibre of my being, and how utterly helpless and hopeless I feel about it all. But at 5,000 words I thought it might be a case of TL;DR.
So this will have to suffice instead.

facebook_1650232725797_6921577722743503584.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ha ha ! Desperate times indeed when almost everywhere is officially " Mask Free ' legally.... but, someone has caught the FM mask less for a few seconds..and that is a hanging offence.. unluckily for her she was caught going briefly maskless rather than being maskless at a series of illegal parties which of course, are " fluff and nonsense " and thereby don't count

Correct it is not a hanging offence, it is a £60 fine (she can reduce it to £30 if paid within 28 days) and she can move on

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Could not give a **** that at Easter the archbishop has said this is "the opposite of the nature of God",

Seriously?........get some ****ing perspective on the nature of your God you ****ing hypocrites..

Its fine to drown the whole planet bar a handful on an ark, just dandy to allow 250,000 to drown in a tsunami, no second thought when killing thousands every year in earthquakes. God invented diseases that kill children. God cures people apparently if you prey hard enough……..but that doesn’t include amputees.
WTF. Own your ***** imaginary God but please don’t try and preach some sort of moral high ground.

As a non Christian, I find that completely out of order, particularly at this member of the board.

Save your anger towards others.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Although I somewhat agree with what you say, this post is a totally inappropriate attack on this poster (especially in the context of his post and this discussion). He is never anything but respectful and moral in his posts. Your post is way out of line and I think you should consider retracting it or saving it for a more appropriate discussion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it’s important to acknowledge that immigrants will not be going to Rwanda to be processed for U.K. asylum status and then be returning to the U.K.

They are being sent to Rwanda to be processed for asylum in Rwanda. They will not be allowed to return to the U.K.

What is this? Well, it’s nothing less than finding a way to deport immigrants without due process. Which is why it is not going to hold up in court. At present there is no legal way for the Tory’s to execute this plan. So it’s highly unlikely to proceed.

Johnson will emerge shocked that this could have happened, and that lessons will be learned.

Make no mistake.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here