Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Hunt is now talking about abolishing non-dom status.

He claims Labour was only interested in this because it was a plan Nigel Lawson originally favoured.

He confirms that he will abolish non-dom status. This provokes lots of jeering. Hunt says he aims to please all sides of the house. Eleanor Laing, the deputy speaker, urges MPs to “shout more quietly”.

Hunt says there will be a non-dom-style tax status open to people coming to the UK for four years. But after that they will have to pay UK taxes.

Hunt says this will raise £2.7bn by end of forecast period. Unlike Labour, the Tories will use this to cut taxes, he says.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nothing cutting the tax on unearned income, good old Tories...

From 6 April 2024, the higher rate of capital gains tax will drop from 28% to 24%

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jeremy Hunt has privately admitted to colleagues that he cannot further raise the VAT threshold for UK businesses because of EU rules.

The chancellor announced in his budget on Wednesday that businesses would no longer have to pay VAT if they had a turnover of less than £90,000, an increase from the previous threshold of £85,000.

Hunt told multiple MPs ahead of the budget that £90,000 was the highest he could raise the threshold because of the Northern Ireland protocol agreed with the EU.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Least that will be c unts last budget . The wankers are down to 20 per cent in the polls and a blood bath worse than 1997 awaits

I really hope the tories get under 100 seats and labour then brings in PR which will mean no more tories ever 😁😁
They must still go for another one in the Autumn, just to try and completely burn down the house on the way out.

Interesting the UK ISA idea, post Brexit investment has dried up in the UK and our stockmarket has become the world's laggard underperform almost every developed world index.

But it only really applies if an investor has already filled up their £20k standard ISA and now is entitled to £5k extra provided they invest in the UK. It should be the first £5k of any ISA must be UK, and then you get another £20k. Interesting non-patriotic line from the Telegraph (maybe they're really really upset about the non-dom rule)..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They must still go for another one in the Autumn, just to try and completely burn down the house on the way out.

Interesting the UK ISA idea, post Brexit investment has dried up in the UK and our stockmarket has become the world's laggard underperform almost every developed world index.

But it only really applies if an investor has already filled up their £20k standard ISA and now is entitled to £5k extra provided they invest in the UK. It should be the first £5k of any ISA must be UK, and then you get another £20k. Interesting non-patriotic line from the Telegraph (maybe they're really really upset about the non-dom rule)..

But…but…it’s a BRITISH ISA, surely the fact it says “British” means it’s amazing?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m fed up with people putting Britian down! The stock exchange must be full of far left wokenomics if they don’t value a British ISA enough!

Leave meant leave! Why are we still in the world index! As Farage says, Brexit has not been done properly. If it had have been, we’d be all be a lot better off.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Income tax may eventually have to be raised to pay for abolishing national insurance, Jeremy Hunt has suggested the day after delivering the government’s spring budget.

The chancellor spent about £10bn to cut NI by 2p in the budget, and has indicated that the government’s eventual ambition is to scrap the tax entirely.

Asked how he would pay for this, Hunt told Sky News: “We’re not saying that this is going to happen anytime soon, and indeed that’s not the only way that you can end that unfairness of taxing work: you can merge income tax and national insurance.”

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yeh, so I would ask anyone who's blood isn't already boiling on this, to consider what would happen them if they used their company headed paper to libel someone on a matter unrelated to their work and then got their employer to foot the bill!
"Yes, I am the chancellor, indeed, and I don't really give a f*** about the lower paid, or about this piddly 15k fine caused by Donelan.... nothing much for the tax payer, just suck it up. I will continue in my job with my incredibly irritating smug smile, in the full knowledge that I'm a multi millionaire, with a number of expensive rental properties, and ohh...lovely, somebody just helped landlords a bit in the budget ".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here