[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is the main headline on The Guardian website right now:

Labour handling of Azhar Ali ‘shambolic’, says antisemitism report author​

Anyone got any opinions on this?
My opinion (and this is the wrong thread for it) is that people should be given the benefit of the doubt in the event of single missteps but if further evidence of a pattern of behaviour emerges then that’s a different story. That appears to be what happened in this scenario and the party acted accordingly. It begs questions of the local party who chose him as a candidate, but the idea it reflects on the wider party or Starmer is ludicrous IMHO.

Should someone be barred from office if they were found to chant “Go get your father’s gun and shoot the Palace scum” in the North stand? I don’t think so. Actually taking a gun to Croydon and waving it about, however…

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
More corruption. Oozing out of every pore.

I wouldn't describe this as corruption, more complacency and lack of professionalism. These people should be proud to serve the public, they really should be policing themselves. I am all in favour of having politicians in places where they have industry expertise, and if they DO have industry expertise there there's a good chance they'll have either an equity stake OR close connections with firms that will be affected.

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
My opinion is that your posts are getting more desperate by the day. It's really rather amusing, as I said a few pages back :thumbsup:
So a second Labour MP has been suspended today over anti-Semitic remarks. Main headline on The Guardian front page (that’s right, The Guardian, not the Mail, or Telegraph or Sun etc) says this: ‘Labour in turmoil as party ditches second candidate over Israel views’.
Do you think their reporting is ‘desperate’ too?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So a second Labour MP has been suspended today over anti-Semitic remarks. The party still has a big problem whichever way you look at it, despite Starmer’s admirable attempts to deal with it in the past
Still less of a problem than the Tories appear to have with sex offenders in their ranks the last couple of years though eh!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So a second Labour MP has been suspended today over anti-Semitic remarks. The party still has a big problem whichever way you look at it, despite Starmer’s admirable attempts to deal with it in the past
Whereas the Tories don't bother suspending or reprimanding Councillors, MPs, or even PMs for antisemitism or racist remarks. Is that a better approach?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My opinion (and this is the wrong thread for it) is that people should be given the benefit of the doubt in the event of single missteps but if further evidence of a pattern of behaviour emerges then that’s a different story. That appears to be what happened in this scenario and the party acted accordingly. It begs questions of the local party who chose him as a candidate, but the idea it reflects on the wider party or Starmer is ludicrous IMHO.

Should someone be barred from office if they were found to chant “Go get your father’s gun and shoot the Palace scum” in the North stand? I don’t think so. Actually taking a gun to Croydon and waving it about, however…
This. Starmer acted.

Meanwhile the ****s Johnson, Schapps, and Thick Lizzie, not to mention Sunk, are still at large.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So a second Labour MP has been suspended today over anti-Semitic remarks. Main headline on The Guardian front page (that’s right, The Guardian, not the Mail, or Telegraph or Sun etc) says this: ‘Labour in turmoil as party ditches second candidate over Israel views’.
Do you think their reporting is ‘desperate’ too?
He is dealing with it in the present.

I am a labour member and admit that local parties are full of arseholes*.

And get this. I resigned from my union 2 years ago after some Palestinian lecturer on Palestinian studies got a motion passed to boycott Israel and all her doings. And yet, the local muppet I sent my email of resignation to, who replied with a 'thanks and ta ra' email, is now lobbying me to vote for him in some new tomfoolery. Can't even keep their records up to date. Lazy left wink wankers. I may engage him in a long conversation later, for shits and giggles.

They will all be dead when Starmer is PM. In the sea. Nowhere from power. The cretins.

Meanwhile, the tories will be still be braising in a broth of Sunk, marinated with Rwanda, and spending a great deal of time with their money. Mone, notwithstanding

* all parties are locally run by activists drunk on their sense of self importance. Which is why I never attend my local meetings. The cat has more important and resonant things to say to me. Mioaw.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whereas the Tories don't bother suspending or reprimanding Councillors, MPs, or even PMs for antisemitism or racist remarks. Is that a better approach?
Or indeed anti-muslim 'jokes' *cough*

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports