Torres - Simple Question, why?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Because he is a world class striker and the two clubs in question have disposable income?

He will come good again. He actually hasnt been playing badly this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give him 8-10 games in a row without interruption. Then maybe you'll see his form/class return.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Because he is a world class striker and the two clubs in question have disposable income?

He will come good again. He actually hasnt been playing badly this season.

What is it 4 PL goals in 11 appeareances, hardly the goal machine they spent the GDP of a small country aquiring though, is it?

D

Deleted member 18477

he's lost it? or he's just having a bad couple of years? who knows. time will tell. atm he's shit! for anyone to spend 25-30 million on him atm is a MASSIVE gamble!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure a spell with Gus and Vicente would put him back on the goal scoring route and solve one of our biggest problems, a months loan would suit everyone :p

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couldn't see him getting into the AC Milan starting line-up. Besides, with Drogba off to the African Nations Cup, won't they need to retain him as cover in case Sturridge gets injured?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
In 5 years time he will be 32.

That means he has 5 years to prove he is still one of the best in the world, just at the wrong club. At £20/£25m he would be a steal. At a massive club they would re-coup that money in shirt sales and personal sponsorship within 12 months.

I believe the taxi back to Anfield still has the meter running!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't see him getting into the AC Milan starting line-up. Besides, with Drogba off to the African Nations Cup, won't they need to retain him as cover in case Sturridge gets injured?

Did you see KEVIN PRINCE BOATENG getting in their starting line up?!

I think Fernando flippin' Torres would do alright given a good run of games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In 5 years time he will be 32.

That means he has 5 years to prove he is still one of the best in the world, just at the wrong club. At £20/£25m he would be a steal. At a massive club they would re-coup that money in shirt sales and personal sponsorship within 12 months.

I believe the taxi back to Anfield still has the meter running!

Confusing that you said the words "massive club" then mentioned Liverpool in the next sentence. Bizarre...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did you see KEVIN PRINCE BOATENG getting in their starting line up?!

I think Fernando flippin' Torres would do alright given a good run of games.

Reckon all he'd do is unsettle Ibrahimovic at Milan same he's unsettled Drogba at Chelsea. Torres has been misfiring for WAY too long now to merit a good run of games. Malaga might be the more realistic option IMHO.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He needs a sustained run of games to get some form, match sharpness and crucially some confidence up. A fresh start would probably do him the world of good - he hasn't been the same since he had a problem with his knee

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reckon all he'd do is unsettle Ibrahimovic at Milan same he's unsettled Drogba at Chelsea. Torres has been misfiring for WAY too long now to merit a good run of games. Malaga might be the more realistic option IMHO.

But has he been misfiring partly BECAUSE he hasn't really had a run of games at any point?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea are always breaking strikers.

Fleck, Sutton, Shevchenko, Torres. All big-money flops. The long shadow of Kerry Dixon cast them all unto the darkness.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a vicious cycle, as they mentioned on guardian podcast the other day. Torres needs a run of games to find form, AVB can't afford to give him those games. They're stuck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here