Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tories lose overall control of Worthing Council for the first time in 2 decades...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Voted to stay old love.

Can only do 90 days out of 180 days in Espanol or Europe in general (Thanks Nigel Farage 🙈)

Clearly at this stage I won’t do that, but on the Costa De Sol, they used to call them ‘Swallows‘ it was predominantly Brits in the 60 plus age bracket who would come down here between November and March, all gone for the time being until the UK and Spanish Govts come to some kind of agreement, but until then a number of local businesses are clearly suffering until the summer season kicks in.

That fateful night in 2016 has had long term consequences 🤷‍♂️

My humblest apologies old man. I mistakenly thought I remembered you voting Leave on the Brexit poll :blush:

I'm assuming your daughter got to you in time, which proves there is hope for the future :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry Ted, but it is Sunday. 😂

As much as it’s maligned in certain quarters, Worthing still has a lot to be positive about.

There’s always room for improvement naturally, but now Beccy Cooper and her Labour Party have a clear mandate from the people it will be interesting to see what they do.

FWIW my perceived mistakes in Worthing’s history.

In 1967 a Texan company wanted to put a glass room on Montague Street, from WH Smiths to Scadgells, because as quoted at the meeting, “in 30years everyone will shop indoors’.

The Texan‘s were putting 50% of the cost up, the local traders and the Council had to match it, they didn’t.

The Aquarena built in 1968 should have also been a conference centre, clearly not for the Political Party stuff, but for the next level down, we had the bed space, over 40 hotels and in excess of 50 b and bs back then.

Tescos should not have been allowed to build the Durrington Store in 1981, instead the Council should have compulsory purchased th entire Guildbourne Centre and then let Tesco move Into it, food downstairs, homenwear upstairs and exclusive use of the multi-storey car park.

Having a superstore smack bang in the middle of the town brings people in, who in turn use others shops.
Like you, i’ve lived here all my life, but I feel there is little to be positive about.
We’ll see re Becky Cooper, but frankly they can’t do any worse.

I don’t disagree with any of your comments above, particularly Tesco’s, I’d throw Lyon’s farm in as well, which has just caused a bottleneck travel wise….

Planning has been an absolute joke and has driven people out of town.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fair question.

Not just for my children but for their generation in general……

Eradicated poverty, specifically child poverty.

How many kids will go to school, in 21st century Britain, on Tuesday hungry?

We have more people using food banks in the UK than ever before 🤷‍♂️

Actually tackled racism and real injustice?

It was only 4 years after when he took power, but Stephen Lawrence should have been this countries ‘George Floyd’ figure, yet 30 years on three of his alleged killers have never been brought to justice, and our capital cities Police force is still reported to be institutionally racist.

The care system, we still live in a society where people work hard all of their lives, pay into the system via tax and national insurance, yet many have to sell their houses to fund their care costs, whilst the super rich and the larger companies seem to go through life not paying their real dues. (Which in Blair‘s defence they seem to do with all governments, even when this very nice people the Dim Libs were in power)

Again not just Blair but the system, that **** Sir Phillip Green has appeared to get away almost Scot free for what he did to the staff of BHS and the pension fund.

The wrong doers just don’t seem to be accountable, even in a perceived ‘civilised and fair society’?

Rant over 😂, Roger this is a football forum, and we both share a love for the Albion, so let’s agree to differ and park this, and both look forward to Europe ⚽❤️
every issue you raise is considerably worse under the current shower of shysters, but i think you already know that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here