Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torguay v Brighton *Official* Match Thread

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dirty bastards , are Torquay playing in a 70's Leeds strip ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
idiot ref

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So we didn't score (did we have a shot?), had a player sent off and our captain is crocked again......mmmmm

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe we get all these ones and all those types of refs out of the way now and then it will be fine ........maybe

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yet again we appear to have played utter shite. Friendlies they may be but it hardly bodes well for the forthcoming campaign.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Saturday we must play the first team Slade is thinking of opening the season with, just to check they can play together.

I see Matt Richards is on trail with Walsall, he scored a rocket on his debut and set up the second.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
We're a SHAMBLES. Noone in midfield to create a chance (get rid of them ALL, I've seen enough from 200 miles away!), a waste of money upfront, disastrous at the back, raped by a succession of non-league sides. BOOOO.

I don't see how anyone can make judgements about players and the team in pre-season. Most players will not fully exert themselves until the actual competitive matches kick into place. If a team under-performes in pre-season hopefully it rules out complacency when it really matters.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was exaggerating I admit, but maybe I'm not so far off the mark when you consider a text I just got from someone at the game:

"We lost 1-0. Should have been 3-0 as Torquay missed two good chances. The midfield tonight makes last season's midfield look like Barcelona's, and we weren't too good at the back either. I can't begin to describe how hopeless we looked."

That's seriously worrying. What the f**k is going one?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The friendlies up until now have just been training sessions , Saturday will be a sterner test of how we will perform when the season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here