Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Top of the League on Tuesday

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I always say (and think) that it's essential to live in the present moment.

We are enjoying historically good times at the Albion and surely should just enjoy a real sense of pleasure that accompanies that success.

Making assumptions/speculations (good or bad) about the future, or reflecting on the past with 'what ifs' is just a waste of time and emotion.

No disrespect intended.

None taken....have a beer

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hold your horses folks. We have a bit of a record in recent years of bagging a few great results in games that perhaps (historically) we might not have expected to, then getting all excited because the next run of fixtures looks- on paper at least- easier. Look at last season when we had some tough games in January, and saw February/ March as respite, with Burnley, Villa, Palace etc. That didn't turn out very well, did it? I can already see people looking at a run including Leicester, Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth and getting way ahead of ourselves. Let's not, especially as some of those are teams we've struggled against regularly in recent years, unlike our previous bunnies of Leeds and West Ham.

I just want us to beat Fulham and not get bulled by Mitrovic any more. If that leaves us top of the league, then fantastic (if ultimately meaningless) but please: let's just focus on the game rather than the consequences of it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hold your horses folks. We have a bit of a record in recent years of bagging a few great results in games that perhaps (historically) we might not have expected to, then getting all excited because the next run of fixtures looks- on paper at least- easier. Look at last season when we had some tough games in January, and saw February/ March as respite, with Burnley, Villa, Palace etc. That didn't turn out very well, did it? I can already see people looking at a run including Leicester, Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth and getting way ahead of ourselves. Let's not, especially as some of those are teams we've struggled against regularly in recent years, unlike our previous bunnies of Leeds and West Ham.

I just want us to beat Fulham and not get bulled by Mitrovic any more. If that leaves us top of the league, then fantastic (if ultimately meaningless) but please: let's just focus on the game rather than the consequences of it.
Agreed
Points is what its all about at this time of the year

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really ?

Kind of reminded me of a hughton performance. Organised but ultimately massively outclassed. They were lucky to score. Bad time to play them but I'm fairly certain they will finish below all the teams we've played so far

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

This. They have a really poor squad depth (see below) and won't trouble us over the course of the season but they could well pinch all three on Tuesday. We'll need to take our chances.

Can we bring back Duffy for one game only?

The fact he's there on loan tells you all you need to know about the relative depth and strength of the two squads.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A similar side to Leeds, they like to counter quickly and put high balls into Mitrovic. Our best chance is to nullify their counter and push their attackers wider before they get a chance to cross.

I'm looking forward to the match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here