Top Gear's new hosts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Red Rum called, can he have his blinkers back?

Just my opinion brothers and sisters, don't get too worked up about other people's outdated opinions. I'm sure Jodie Kidd couldn't care less. I don't like women presenting progs traditionally male pursuits/ interests. It's a fact. It's not changing so spend your energy elsewhere.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Surely the 3 presenters from Top Gear was the program andthen reason for its success, so for me just scrap the show. Immitations are rarely as good as the original and the same with remakes of TV programs.

Why? Even if the number of viewers halves it will still be quite a good figure for a BBC2 show. It will probably go back towards being a car show again which will please some and bore others.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Just my opinion brothers and sisters, don't get too worked up about other people's outdated opinions. I'm sure Jodie Kidd couldn't care less. I don't like women presenting progs traditionally male pursuits/ interests. It's a fact. It's not changing so spend your energy elsewhere.

So you are saying all outdated opinions should go unchallenged?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Surely the 3 presenters from Top Gear was the program andthen reason for its success, so for me just scrap the show. Immitations are rarely as good as the original and the same with remakes of TV programs.

It won't be an imitation of the most recent incarnation of Top Gear, they will revamp the show with a new format. Will it work? That remains to be seen but the BBC would be stupid to not at least try something with the Top Gear name, they paid Clarkson and Wilman enough money when they purchased the production company that made it (and the rights to the name) in 2012 that they'll want to do something with it.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012

Top gear didn't start with Clarkson, Hammond and May! It will still attract interest from many!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Are you SURE you're not voting UKIP today ? You'd fit right in :p

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Huh? Are drivers only male, then? In case you hadn't noticed, about HALF the population are female. A show that does not recognise the national demographic is woefully out of touch.

I would go on, but your mother has just put the dinner on..

*satire*

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Huh? Are drivers only male, then? In case you hadn't noticed, about HALF the population are female. A show that does not recognise the national demographic is woefully out of touch.

*satire*

If you go back and watch every episode its quite notcieable that every shot that shows people standing behind the compares shows the best looking women in the audience standing right in cameras view. This is deliberate. Eye candy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

*satire*

Yes, yes, yes. You are all correct. I know I'm in the wrong. Woefully so. I know this. I am in the wrong. But it is still my opinion. You're arguments are wasted as I agree with you 100%

The original? Angela Rippon was the original presenter - good enough to establish a format that has lasted for 38 years.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely it will be the "dream team" of Adrian Chiles, Andy Townsend and Clive Tyldesley.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Rebecca Jackson should be getting one of the roles in my opinion. A real racing driver, motoring journalist and easy on the eye!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surely the new show with the old 3 presenters that will probably turn up on prime time ITV will blow the new Top gear out the water?

On a commerical channel, they wouldn't be able to criticise cars/manufacturers.

Hot money is them returning on YouTube, and aimed at a global audience.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
According to the Telegraph's James Rothwell, the trio will consist of model Jodie Kidd, actor Philip Glenister, and television host Guy Martin.

Kidd, 36, is a a noted fashion model and TV personality who currently hosts "The Classic Car Show" on the UK's Channel 5. Kidd is a well-known car enthusiast and has appeared on "Top Gear" twice as guest.

Glenister, 52, has had leading roles on the British TV shows "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes." The actor currently hosts "For the Love of Cars" on Channel 4 in the UK.

Martin, 33, is a successful TV host and motorcycle racer. He's made nearly a dozen appearances at the prestigious Tourist Trophy motorcycle race on the Isle of Man.

This is the same line up as i posted on the 5th, whats that word i am trying to think off again?....... Begins with an F i think? :p

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...c-replacements-for-Clarkson-on-Top-Gear/page5 Post #46
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-in-advanced-talks-to-join-show-10223806.html

BBC bosses are reportedly in advanced talks to sign Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin as the new Top Gear presenters. The three names have been among the frontrunners tipped to present the show for some time. Kidd currently presents Channel 5's The Classic Car Show, while motorcycle racer Guy Martin has previously presented documentaries and Life on Mars actor Philip Glenister is thought to add an off-beat element to the line-up.

The show’s co-creator Andy Wilman, who has quit the series, was allegedly overheard describing the new-line up while having lunch with Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay, the Sunday Express reported. The BBC has declined to comment on the speculation.

The alleged “dream team” line-up follows the departure of Jeremy Clarkson from the flagship BBC2 show after he was suspended by the BBC for punching a producer on set. His co-stars Richard Hammond and James May also confirmed they would not be returning to the show without Clarkson.

Last week, Clarkson, Hammond and May were seen filming at Goodwood Motor Circuit, prompting rumours of a possible Top Gear comeback. It later emerged the trio were filming for their forthcoming UK tour, formerly known as Top Gear Live, which has now been renamed Clarkson, Hammond and May Live following Clarkson’s dismissal from the BBC.

Top Gear will return in a new form next year, with BBC2 controller Kim Shillinglaw refusing to rule out the possibility of a female presenter.
“We’ll definitely look at some women, but it’s not a driving priority”, she said. “I worked with a lot of female presenters and when I used to work in science that was something across the piste that I really wanted to tackle. “But I don’t think I’ve ever approached an individual show thinking that was the way I want to cast it so I think it’s an open book on that.”

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On a commerical channel, they wouldn't be able to criticise cars/manufacturers.

Hot money is them returning on YouTube, and aimed at a global audience.

I would have thought a more likely destination for a new Clarkson, Hammond and May show would be Netflix or Amazon Prime. Neither need advertising revenue and are likely to see an increase in subscribers from the Top Gear fan base if the show ended up on either service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports