Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
So just how much money has the BBC lost from the Licence money? They rushed to the politically correct solution of sacking people to resolve an industrial incident without any consideration for their customers. I loved the old formula - can't stand Evans - would never watch the new show - but they took my money anyway! How many Execs will they sack to make up for the loss of International revenue?

Chris Evans has left the show. You might be able to watch the next series now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sorry, but you can't go around hitting employees and not face the consequences, clarkson is an arrogant bully who deserved to be sacked, I wish the bloke had ironed him out and taught him a lesson.

The Clarkson Top Gear earned the BBC £42m per year in sell-on rights. I agree on the non violence (though it was to a Director rather than one of his employees). Clarkson is a jackass. But a very entertaining jackass and I used to laugh AT him rather than with him. I am sure that there were other things which could and should have been done - suspension, large fine etc... Now TG is dead, the BBC loses millions more and whinge about lack of funds or force us to increase our license fee's. Amazon will make the millions now for their shareholders. Whopeeee - not.

Evans wasnt funny, entertaining or interesting and together with a voice that sounds like a cat being castrated with 2 house bricks, was onto a non starter right from the start. For some reason the 'top' of the BBC love him giving him the biggest radio slot and one of the top entertainment shows. I tried watching his TGI Friday once, more tosh. I find him irritating and nothing like Clarkson or Wogan in their delivery and ability to entertain. Evans just isn't funny or entertaining, completly the wrong person for TG. Hopefully the BBC gets is act together and gest a decent repalcement, not some favoured flunkey, or it will go the way of other great BBC shows that they screwed around with and balls'd up (TOTP etc..)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Jeremy Clarkson.
I never really liked the bloke very much, he comes over as arrogant, big headed and totally full of himself.
I have even met him when I delivered a Porsche to the studios for filming and had an access all areas for the day. I spoke to him and the others for over an hour after the show because Stig burst the tyres and I had to wait for RAC to turn up.
Clarkson was not as bad off camera as on but still not very likeable.
You can't go round hitting colleagues obviously but for all his downsides he fitted Top Gear like a glove, people knew what to expect and tuned in to watch him do it.
A very good reviewer of cars, people listened to him.
Top Gear was getting tired but the road trips and specials were very good programmes.
Clarkson as much as I disliked him was Top Gear, and it already has been proved he will be very difficult or impossible to replace, the trouble was, he knew it.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jeremy Clarkson.
I never really liked the bloke very much, he comes over as arrogant, big headed and totally full of himself.
I have even met him when I delivered a Porsche to the studios for filming and had an access all areas for the day. I spoke to him and the others for over an hour after the show because Stig burst the tyres and I had to wait for RAC to turn up.
Clarkson was not as bad off camera as on but still not very likeable.
You can't go round hitting colleagues obviously but for all his downsides he fitted Top Gear like a glove, people knew what to expect and tuned in to watch him do it.
A very good reviewer of cars, people listened to him.
Top Gear was getting tired but the road trips and specials were very good programmes.
Clarkson as much as I disliked him was Top Gear, and it already has been proved he will be very difficult or impossible to replace, the trouble was, he knew it.

Spot on I think. Pretty sure Clarkson knew he was a tosser, but as it made him millions he didn't give much of a f*** what people thought. Irreplaceable on TG, it's finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here