Top Gear

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
just seen that too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8111588.stm

Top Gear's Stig 'to be unveiled'

The Stig, the mystery driver who tests high-performance cars on Top Gear, will take his helmet off for the first time later, the BBC has confirmed. Presenter Jeremy Clarkson, writing in his column in the Sun, revealed the unmasking, saying Stig's identity would be a "staggering surprise" to viewers.
He said the Stig would barge into the studio in Sunday night's pre-recorded BBC Two show before showing his face.
The driver has previously been named by papers as ex-stunt driver Ben Collins.
The BBC has previously refused to confirm or deny whether Collins, who has worked on films including James Bond movie Quantum Of Solace, is the Stig.
Clarkson, 49, said that, while filming the scenes, "hardened, emotionless camera crews said the hair on the back of their neck prickled".
"As a television moment, it's up there with Neil Armstrong walking on the... corpse of JR Ewing," he added.
A BBC spokesman would only say: "As Jeremy said, in tonight's Top Gear Stig will remove his helmet for the first time."
It is not clear if the apparent unveiling is part of a publicity stunt which could mean that Stig's identity remains a mystery.
Perry McCarthy, a former Formula 1 driver, was the original Stig, wearing black overalls for his appearances.
He was replaced with a new Stig, dressed in white, after he had revealed his identity in his 2002 autobiography.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's another one in the Mail today. (Oh shit what have I done) :annoyed:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So is the current Stig retiring then

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why must they reveal who he is? It had to happen at some point I suppose, I wonder who it actually is...

My money is on Jenson Button...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's funny how they say he "will take his helmet off for the first time".
He could quite easily be wearing some sort of mask under the helmet. If it said they will be unveiling the face of the Stig then fair enough...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget there is another James May program on at 21:00 hrs on BBC about the moon and a further one at 22:00 hrs tonight with James May on BBC4.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna be an anti climax with much hilarity and f***ing about

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there will be a new "Stig" taking over next week.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
When was this current stig brought in, i still remember back at the le mans 24 hour race 3/4 years back the stig came into an interview and it was revealed to be some guy whos name i cannot remember.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why must they reveal who he is? It had to happen at some point I suppose, I wonder who it actually is...

My money is on Jenson Button...

:lol:that HAS to be a joke, right?

why on EARTH would a RICH formula one driver, still employed, living in monte carlo, want a job on top gear?

it HAS to be a former rally driver or stunt driver really.

but it dosen;t really matter, as they wont ACTUALLY show who it is, or they will reveal it to be some celebrity instead.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When was this current stig brought in, i still remember back at the le mans 24 hour race 3/4 years back the stig came into an interview and it was revealed to be some guy whos name i cannot remember.

Black Stig was Perry McCarthy, the current one has been widely rumoured to be a guy called Ben Collins

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Black Stig was Perry McCarthy, the current one has been widely rumoured to be a guy called Ben Collins

Thankyou, it was Perry Mccarthy just couldnt remember his name. As i said met him at Le mans few years back when he was first revealed to be the stig, remember him being a really nice guy when i met him. Interested to see who the new one is though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Schumacher, you heard it here first...! Though he isnt the REAL stig

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here