Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Did you see that little series with Paul Merton? I quite enjoyed that...

Yes....the one about request stop stations & their reasons for existing was very good & Paul Merton was likeable & obviously interested in the subject.

Michael Portillo has also been surprisingly good on railway programmes, making the subject more important than himself.........almost enough to forgive him for his terrible pastel jackets !!!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
It wasn't very good was it. Tried to be too much like old Top Gear, Evans intro, could not tell if it was a piss take or not. Then they had that viper and instead of driving it on a race track against the Corvette, they strapped fake guns on it and made it into a game. Proper gash that. The reliant joke was done to death in the last incarnation, didn't need to feature.
Glad I didn't tune in live to watch it, won't bother next week either but will probably get it on iPlayer if that bored.
It's a bit like watching 5th Gear.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It was all a bit TFI Top Gear. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Shaun Ryder as a guest one week.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Same tired old format with dullard presenters.
BBC bottled the chance to revamp the content.

Ant & Dec would be better.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've watched the first 127 seconds on iPlayer. It's just one giant parody of the old TG isn't it? At least that is how it's coming across. It really is as bad as people are saying, and the worst part is that Evans promised it would be completely different and he would be completely doing his own thing, not impersonating a squeaky, carrot-topped version of Jeremy Clarkson. So he lied to us, and if there's one thing worse than someone shouting in a high-pitched voice, it's a liar.

Not amused.

D

Deleted member 2719

I watched it for the main reason that Clarkson wasn't on it.

Me too, first Top Gear i have watched for years as Clarkson was top of my list of wanting to sticking a marrow in someone's mouth sideways, while pouring battery acid up his nose.

Although, it was a copy of the original format i thought it was good enough to watch again.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
For some reason I've decided to put 'Extra Gear' on. Oh dear, who's the annoying presenter? Could be any one of their annoying radio hosts, just doesn't fit. Obviously not a car person.
Do like Chris Harris though, his YouTube videos are good. Sabine looks old! Was watching the 24h race at the ring this weekend, she had a little crash. :blush:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I thought as it was the first one it would be good....I thought it was pretty average..The top Gun bit looked like a game my kids playon computer and the three wheeler bit was very naff.
Will not bother whether I watch next week or not. So far my opinion is not as good as before.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Originally posted 16th Jan.............lol

I cannot help feel a certain pleasure response when reading some media reports. This attempt at resurrecting 'Top Gear' is turning into a farce. Evans has taken on what some may say is a 'poisoned chalice'. It is doomed. Whatever Clarkson did or whether you like him or not he was the 'glue' of the show. Evans will just be a puddle of sticky flour and water. Love it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Beeb really missed a trick with this p*ss poor effort. There is a big gap in the market place for a sprinkling of gentle xenophobia and mild misogyny mixed with exhaust fumes.

Instead of going safer, 1 Ginger , 1 Yank, 1 Kraut they should have gone the other way ... Katie Hopkins, Rod Liddle, Brian Blessed .... boom, guaranteed box office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here