Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top 4

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are a couple of top signings away from turning some of the draws into wins. We’ve known that for a couple of seasons though.

But all the other stuff has improved off the scale. Softly, softly, catchee....and also, unexpected shit can happen too. I'd like to think we are better structured for dealing with unexpected shit than, say, Everton. :lolol:

:thumbsup: Keep the faith and all that :wink:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Eight points is a large gap to make up. I do think we can challenge for Europe though, although ideally that would be by winning the FA Cup.
As I said if we win our next 3 which on paper we are well capable we can start dreaming of European football trip

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would be in a straight up shoot out with City, for the title, if someone could kickie ball in net.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think it's an unreasonable shout if we can find a way to turn performances into 3 points. Absolutely sensational second half today. If only we could start like that.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
4th is not realistic and wont be for years / possibly ever. But to challenge for top 6 or so next year... wouldnt rule it out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Almost, considering we were missing Lallana, Mwepu and Biss from midfield today, and Dunk and Duffy from defence, I think we showed our squad has reasonable depth, it is just the forward positions (the toughest ones to find) that we are short on options, however, we have players on the edge of the first team that may be able to step up next season, and the chance of playing in Europe will make signing any players a little easier.

We have good depth at centre back , reasonable cover on right back if Veltman moves there not so clear on LB as Burn is not a good LB nor is Solly.

We have a wealth of midfielders but most are not really consistent or quality enough with exception of Lallana & Biss - don't get me wrong they are good but seem to run in spells. On the plus side the younger ones will be better by the end of teh season but we may not have Biss and Lallana for next season.

We don't have enough upfront for the PL let alone a jaunt into Europe which as Burnley found was actually Scotland and Asia ....

It would be lovely to see Brighton play in Valencia or Seville or Barcellona but we need to make sure we get up to the next level (consistent top 10) first.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
4th is not realistic and wont be for years / possibly ever. But to challenge for top 6 or so next year... wouldnt rule it out.

Winning the league was not realistic for Leicester, till they won the league. There are 4 clubs that pay such high wages and can pay such high transfer fees that we shouldn't be able to compete with them, but only one of them has been able to beat us so far this season. Finishing 5th or 6th is a realistic ambition this season, next season we may not have a squad as good as this season, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, will probably have their shit together and be more competitive, and maybe Newcastle and Villa too. This season may be the only chance we have at it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We are a couple of top signings away from turning some of the draws into wins. We’ve known that for a couple of seasons though.

Top signings made in last couple of seasons : Lamptey, Welbeck, Moder, Lallana, MacAllister, Cucurella, Veltman, Mwepu :thumbsup:

Not really sure what my point is, I guess that at these heady heights of the premier league it takes more than just a 'couple 'of top signings to move the needle that much - every team we're competing with has oodles of talent in every position

boik

Winning the league was not realistic for Leicester, till they won the league. There are 4 clubs that pay such high wages and can pay such high transfer fees that we shouldn't be able to compete with them, but only one of them has been able to beat us so far this season. Finishing 5th or 6th is a realistic ambition this season, next season we may not have a squad as good as this season, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, will probably have their shit together and be more competitive, and maybe Newcastle and Villa too. This season may be the only chance we have at it.

It was a bit of a one-off season though. All the big clubs going through overhauls/injuries, Leicester having an on fire Vardy and very few injuries. Can't see it happening again any time soon, much as I would love it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It was a bit of a one-off season though. All the big clubs going through overhauls/injuries, Leicester having an on fire Vardy and very few injuries. Can't see it happening again any time soon, much as I would love it.

we'd need a striker on fire too. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here