Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 4 remaining fixtures

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No easy games, but I would prefer Hulls set of fixtures. However confidence must be bubbling up inside our squad at the moment which must count for something.

If we can stay within 5 points at the end of March then we can begin to believe.

I have a feeling that 4 May become 3 over the next 4 or 5 games

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
All season I've thought that Burnley will be promoted. Based on nothing more than their experience, organisation and good management. I still think that - and that one of either Hull or Middlesboro will stutter in the final straight. Of course, if they both did - who knows, we could easily sneak into the automatics.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Based on form and ourselves drawing to Burnley & Derby:

Hull 90
Boro 89
BHA 87
Burn 85

Two frustrating points the margin. (Lost in each of the following games: Burnley a , Wolves a, Bolton a, Derby a & QPR a)

You mention dropped points in each of those five games. Whilst that may be true, I'm sure that the other three teams at the top, have also dropped points to late goals too.

It isn't just about those five games, it's about every game we play throughout the season that determines whether we win promotion, or not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There are just so many variables in the race for the automatic promotion places, it just isn't woth worrying about.

The oldest cliche in the book l know, but lets just take this one game at a time. If we can concentrate on trying win our home games, and picking up a point or more away, then we can see where that takes us come the end of ther season.

We can do no more than that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No easy games, but I would prefer Hulls set of fixtures. However confidence must be bubbling up inside our squad at the moment which must count for something.

If we can stay within 5 points at the end of March then we can begin to believe.

I have a feeling that 4 May become 3 over the next 4 or 5 games

I believe we are now in a 3 horse race although 2 places available for winners

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe we are now in a 3 horse race
With Hull a few points back and out of form, you're probably right, but the only game they got left against a team with something to play for is on Saturday against Huddersfield. Hull were unlucky to lose against 'boro, got well beaten today but were down to 10 men, but won 4-0 against lesser opposition at the weekend. They need at least 5 wins out of 7, maybe 6, but with their run in it's not impossible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with the last post. People are too quick to write off Hull. They are 3 points behind us with a better GD if they win their game in hand. They have a favourable run in and there are still two games where the top three are guaranteed to drop points. Six wins from seven would see Hull in the top two I reckon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with the last post. People are too quick to write off Hull. They are 3 points behind us with a better GD if they win their game in hand. They have a favourable run in and there are still two games where the top three are guaranteed to drop points. Six wins from seven would see Hull in the top two I reckon.

6 wins from 7 would give Hull 87. 4 wins from 6 gives Burnley 89, 4 wins from 7 gives Boro 88, 4 wins and a draw from 6 gives us 88. Does seem unlikely on their form, but you're right, could happen still.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Errr....6 points behind!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here