Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top 4 finish

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its almost as people want the team to go on some 25 game winless streak...

Serious answer: no, its not worth it. Similar to how people splashing cash on relegation last season just wasted their money. 20-1 on a top 6 place would be decent value, top 4 is a waste of money because its not happening (this season at least... who knows what the future brings?)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
More chance of getting relegated. Genuinely.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Brighton 5/1 win outright w/o big 6 would be better value (but still not a bet for me) that could be seen as simply 5/1 to finish above Newcastle and Brentford?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems a great way of wasting your money. And this thread seems like the perfect jinx.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Given Smug is already bemoaning his small squad and the fact we have a game in hand on them. M Utd can always collapse. Add in those with CL ahead why not?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've thrashed 3 fairly shite teams in a row and people are losing their shit :)

Smash Liverpool and I may jump aboard....
Did I imagine it or do Liverpool normally just scrape a win at the Amex courtesy of a Salah penalty? Their always-flakey defence might just be in for the shock of their lives this time around :lol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Its almost as people want the team to go on some 25 game winless streak...

Serious answer: no, its not worth it. Similar to how people splashing cash on relegation last season just wasted their money. 20-1 on a top 6 place would be decent value, top 4 is a waste of money because its not happening (this season at least... who knows what the future brings?)
Potters at Chelsea now :giggle:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I am surprised people think it is that ridiculous. Look who is above and around us:

- Arsenal & City: Yeah, I don't think we will be catching them.
- Newcastle: Looking great, but as they proved against Wednesday, don't have too much depth. Could easily go on a run of struggling to score I think. Do look decent though.
- Man United: In form, but as someone said, could implode. Maybe that factor has gone now Ronaldo has left.
- Spurs & Liverpool: Both seem to be incredibly inconsistent. Both easily go on runs where they just can't win games. Liverpool a shadow of their former selves, and Spurs relying on Kane.
- Fulham & Brentford: If both of them are up there, there is no reason we can't be. I am biased, but I would say player for player, we have a better squad then these 2 teams.
- Chelsea: Doesn't look like it is getting any better under Potter. May just be one of those seasons for them.

I am not saying it is going to happen, and I really don't think it will, but we are capable of beating any team. Hit some rich form, beat the teams above us, and we are well in the mix. It's also so tight up there, it isn't like there is a top 4 like yester year and then the other 16.

Or am I just being to optimistic?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If I remember it right, it has happened ZERO times since 2000 that a team 8 pts or more behind a CL spot at this point of the season actually finished in a CL position. Currently, Brighton are 8 points behind Manchester United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here