Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too Good To Go Down

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Poyet won't be at Sunderland next season if they go down. If he isn't sacked, he would walk, as he is far too good* to be managing in the Championship.

Sunderland or Villa to go with QPR and Burnley for me.

*in his own eyes

SAC

May 21, 2014
I like the Toon so would be sad to see them drop, however I would LOVE to go and see the seagulls at St. James'.

Never been to Newcastle but I don't like the idea of watching a match so far away from the pitch, the players probably look like seagulls from that distance.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Never been to Newcastle but I don't like the idea of watching a match so far away from the pitch, the players probably look like seagulls from that distance.

That's true. The away fans get a bad deal in terms of location. Mind you, I'm at the back of WSU. Would need to take my glasses

el punal

Too good to go down is a meaningless expression. If a club is too good to go down, it won't go down. Far better to say..." who could be dragged into a relegation struggle "
Answer...' plenty of clubs, if they keep losing '
It's an expression for goodness sake! As in - this team have been pretty consistent and successful, then all of a sudden implode against all the odds and fall from grace.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It was a fab day out in1979 and the players looked like super-seagulls that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here