Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too early to use a travel voucher?

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
I have just had a bus driver tell me its too early to use my travel voucher on a 1, regardless to say he eventually let me after looking at his clock about 10 times.
Am i alone with this or has it happened to others?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was just told i couldn't get a 5B or i'd have to pay. Reason being i'd popped into town and wanted to drop a bag off at home and then walk the 10 minute walk from my house to the ground. Either way he made me pay the £2 fare as said i obviously wasn't going to the football and it can only be used on a 5 or 5a.
It may be me, but i thought it was just plain pathetic. Couldn't be bothered arguing so paid up, just can't understand why anyone would purposely be so unhelpful, not as if he's earning more by me paying.
Twat.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I was just told i couldn't get a 5B or i'd have to pay. Reason being i'd popped into town and wanted to drop a bag off at home and then walk the 10 minute walk from my house to the ground. Either way he made me pay the £2 fare as said i obviously wasn't going to the football and it can only be used on a 5 or 5a.
It may be me, but i thought it was just plain pathetic. Couldn't be bothered arguing so paid up, just can't understand why anyone would purposely be so unhelpful, not as if he's earning more by me paying.
Twat.

It's irrelevant whether you're going to football or not. You paid for the ticket, and therefore the voucher, and so can use it wherever and whenever you want, within the time limits.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's irrelevant whether you're going to football or not. You paid for the ticket, and therefore the voucher, and so can use it wherever and whenever you want, within the time limits.

I started to explain this to him, but didn't know if i was technically correct so thought forget it, queue of people behind me i'll just pay it. I just fail to comprehend why someone would purposely try to get money out of me when its of no benefit to himself, i know its only £2 but the principle was just pathetic. Thing is, i was going to the game, just via my house which is in between the 5/5B bus routes and the 5B happened to be 10 minutes earlier.
Utter c*nt

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I started to explain this to him, but didn't know if i was technically correct so thought forget it, queue of people behind me i'll just pay it. I just fail to comprehend why someone would purposely try to get money out of me when its of no benefit to himself, i know its only £2 but the principle was just pathetic. Thing is, i was going to the game, just via my house which is in between the 5/5B bus routes and the 5B happened to be 10 minutes earlier.
Utter c*nt

You thnk that's bad?!? I once got on a bus and the driver refused to let me on as I was short of 5p, and that would "come out of his wages". I was in henfield at the time and could not get any money out, and as it was my mothers birthday as I explained to him, I politely asked a man in the queue for 5p, which I received. Some people.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All depends on what rules the bus company has set out to the drivers, im only guessing as i obviously dont use the travel vouchers and seldom used them when i lived down there but...
If they are issuing instructions to the drivers not to accept them on services that dont go near Withdean, and an inspector gets on, that driver could lose his job.

I have no idea where the 5B goes Foolg, just trying to find a reason. I did used to drive buses and no what bastards inspectors can be.

However a lot of bus drivers really are awkward twats, often when i used to hear that they had been assaulted, i really used to think, it was all down to their attitude. If you dont like working with the public then do something else!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
As for you Jordan, he was obviously one of the awkward twats i mentioned, you probably get more people not bothering to wait for 5p change than being short of money, so its not really coming out of his pocket.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I always seem to have a problem with stagecoach, the drivers never seem to know if they can accept the ticket stub or not. It clearly states stagecoach on the stub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here