Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony’s end of season review

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
WTF is wrong with this Forum where a poster is slammed for posting TONY BLOOMs end of season Review, you know, that bloke who has plowed hundreds of millions into making us the great football club we are now.

Yea the OP has got his knickers in a twist over the negativity on GPott. Rightly or wrong is a matter of opinion.

But slamming him for posting the fecking Chairmans view at the end of the season is just petty, point scoring toxicity.

P1ss off and spread your shite somewhere else. Some fans are interested in the club and football, not toxicity

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why the heck anyone doesn't want Tony's statements posted on NSC is way beyond me.

Bonkers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hadn’t seen the review, 100% right it gets a thread. How that has descended into a load of ‘look at me’ bollocks is embarrassing. Thread should be binned off and the review posted again.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Absolutely sick of seeing the same few posters starting the same pointless threads. There really needs to be a limit on how many threads a person can start per week.

Tell me, what is the fascination in having a high post count? What is it that I don't understand? Do people sell their NSC accounts on ebay?

Something needs to be done about spamming on this forum, it's a disgrace.

Two people have reported this post for unnecessary aggression against a poster making a perfectly reasonable post. Yet I observe that the post currently has six :thumbsup:

While I’m in the former camp personally, I don’t think that moderation action is called for - save to ask all posters to play nicely.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two people have reported this post for unnecessary aggression against a poster making a perfectly reasonable post. Yet I observe that the post currently has six :thumbsup:

While I’m in the former camp personally, I don’t think that moderation action is called for - save to ask all posters to play nicely.

Not sure if the thumbsup really should make a difference?

Anyway, agree moderation would be a bit over the top... after all its pretty clowning to moan about someone making a post about Tony's end of season review, and clowns are funny (or at least supposed to be).

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
People complaining about the OP brought this statement about the (temporary?) closing of the Bear Pit to mind:
Seriously - you act like ****ing children and should be embarrassed at yourselves

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I know we are coming out of Covid restrictions so some caution needs to be observed but SOME PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO GET OUT MORE.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thank you for posting Blooms review as I had not seen it before. How a thread about this can become aggressive is beyond me

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
God almighty, what a car-crash of a thread!

The OP is a link to an article on the Albion official website. Fine - some people will have already read it. Others (like me) read it for the first time on here. Does it matter?

So - was it necessary to start a thread? NO.
Did it do any harm to start a thread? NO.
Was it possibly of interest to those who hadn't read it on the official website? MAYBE.

So what's the f***ing problem? All the knicker twisting about who started it and whether they should have or not. Read a post (or not if you're not interested), reply to it if you want to - but why is it so important to look and see who posted it before deciding how to respond? Geez! WTF. :facepalm:

At least we won't have the same sort of problem when I put up my post season 'What are we going to replace the NI protocol with?' thread :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
God almighty, what a car-crash of a thread!

The OP is a link to an article on the Albion official website. Fine - some people will have already read it. Others (like me) read it for the first time on here. Does it matter?

So - was it necessary to start a thread? NO.
Did it do any harm to start a thread? NO.
Was it possibly of interest to those who hadn't read it on the official website? MAYBE.

So what's the f***ing problem? All the knicker twisting about who started it and whether they should have or not. Read a post (or not if you're not interested), reply to it if you want to - but why is it so important to look and see who posted it before deciding how to respond? Geez! WTF. :facepalm:

To be clear, I don't have a problem in any way with the thread. It's interesting and relevant and the sort of stuff vagabond should be posting to reinforce what he's been saying.

I have a massive problem with people deciding who is and isn't good enough to be on NSC or own a Season Ticket. You're into free speech issues there that trump anything to do with football.

However, apologies if my slightly stern way of pointing that out has derailed things. I went too far.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely sick of seeing the same few posters starting the same pointless threads. There really needs to be a limit on how many threads a person can start per week.

Tell me, what is the fascination in having a high post count? What is it that I don't understand? Do people sell their NSC accounts on ebay?

Something needs to be done about spamming on this forum, it's a disgrace.

Think you're a wee bit out of order on this one mate. All [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] did was post TB's end of season review, without any kind of personal comment. It's not spam and it isn't pointless. Was clearly of interest to many, including myself. Where on earth is the problem? :shrug:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Link to [MENTION=17254]Solid at the back[/MENTION] 's post history

https://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=14297592

In just one month, Maupay, Connolly, Propper, Clarke, Trossard as well as several NSC posters have been lambasted by SatB

It's a toxic negativity that should not be welcome here. Shame on him for doing it, and shame on you on advocating it, especially as a moderator.
Mummy mummy those men are being mean again. Make it stop Mummy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, yes you did.

At no point in this thread was anyone challenging free speech. It's a football forum FFS. Pointing out that the place would be better off without certain fans wasn't a call to rename the site to North Korea stand chat and send anyone who says anything bad about the club to virtual gulags.

Toxic negativity obviously shouldn't be a bannable offense, but these people should be challenged for being such miserable ****ers and bringing the place down all the time. This applies to both NSC and The Amex back in the days when it was full.

You said

NSC and BHAFC would be better off without fans like you to be honest.

I've no desire to further binfest this thread so people can make up their minds what you meant based on that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would you discuss your end of season review with TB ??? :wink:

I'm not in the blame game. TB and GP are doing a good job, GP's job was never on the line (sadly for the spiteful tiny minority on NSC :lolol:) and now we know in black and white that TB's happy.

I look forward to what can the Albion do in the transfer market this summer, to steer us away from being a bottom 6 budget relegation mix team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here