Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Millard

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Millard & Vinicombe. I remember an away match, no idea which one but sometime late 70's, and it was a hot day. As ever the train arrived early to the town and we all made for the pub, supporters and press together. Tony and John were sat at a table enjoying a pint or two and generally chatting to the supporters. Wonderful memories.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
RIP Tony.
In those days 30 years ago, the Seagull Line was the only way that I could get the news in the various places that I lived in the north. There was No internet, the Argus did not travel much further than Victoria Station and the national newspapers were regionalised and only reported local matches in their own areas.
I could live with lack of general information, but when it came to tickets for away games, it was absolutely vital for getting the details.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
RIP Tony. I must have spent a fortune phoning the Seagulls Line, back in the day. Another part of my childhood Albion memory gone. His voice was synonymous with the Goldstone..as much as Fred Oliver (Argus, Shoot, Match), the bloke in the portacabin booking office...happy days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder if any of the original recordings of Seagull Line survive....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Was at the Burnley game and heard a song in the North Stand which mentioned Tony Millard. Only realised today that he'd passed away last week. I like others on this thread remember his voice on the local radio and Seagull Line during the Goldstone years.

RIP.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was surprised he didn't get a minute's silence/applause before kick off. Maybe he will for Millwall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here