Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Has Spoken

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For those who may have forgotten how the roses smell, compare TB's e-mail with the types of letter we were receiving from his predecessors. Found this earlier today whilst clearing out a cupboard. Praise be.

View attachment 74744

View attachment 74745

Lovely letter that....what it fails to mention is that if (The then board) are prepared to wait and get proper planning consent then rather than obtaining £7.4m for the Goldstone in 1996 they could have got £22 million for the site..that the site was resold for 24 months later...

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Sticking with the theme of letters, that cupboard also threw up the following handwritten notes from my grandad to me. I've done my best to transcribe them but if there are any handwriting experts out there please help out ! I estimate he wrote these at some point between 1988-1993, thus aged 85-90. According to my dad (his son) he went to every home first team and reserves game for 50 years but gave up after the club put prices up for a cup game ! What on earth would he make of things today.

View attachment Scan 6.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Grandad

Sunday

Dear Nicky

Enclosed is a photo of the […] northend of the Goldstone when my father used to go, he took 1st team matches which were 1/- for adults & 6D for children. You see hardly any women there as was considered no place for women.
My father is in the photo I had probably [?] been marked * as place on the fence, & was standing. If a man stood at the fence he shouts until he made room [for] a boy. That was the year became Champ of England [actually 1910]. As you look [at] the photo the pond (?) was just to right the shown are at the boundary (?) of the orchard the houses that […] were built 1925 by a man named Holland I put on the water [he worked for the water board]. My father is one of them wearing a flat cap.

All the

Grandad

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

View attachment Scan 6.jpg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
OK - Tony if you're REALLY serious, and I'm sure you are, then please:
Provide a free pint to all home fans.
Do not open the bars at half time.
Tell the stewards to turn a blind eye to standing for one game.
Stop the ring of fire music at least 10 seconds before kick off to allow the crowd to do their job.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey, a right 'ol "We will fight them with tinned peaches" sort of statement.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Sticking with the theme of letters, that cupboard also threw up the following handwritten notes from my grandad to me. I've done my best to transcribe them but if there are any handwriting experts out there please help out ! I estimate he wrote these at some point between 1988-1993, thus aged 85-90. According to my dad (his son) he went to every home first team and reserves game for 50 years but gave up after the club put prices up for a cup game ! What on earth would he make of things today.

View attachment 74749

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Grandad

Sunday

Dear Nicky

Enclosed is a photo of the […] northend of the Goldstone when my father used to go, he took 1st team matches which were 1/- for adults & 6D for children. You see hardly any women there as was considered no place for women.
My father is in the photo I had probably [?] been marked * as place on the fence, & was standing. If a man stood at the fence he shouts until he made room [for] a boy. That was the year became Champ of England [actually 1910]. As you look [at] the photo the pond (?) was just to right the shown are at the boundary (?) of the orchard the houses that […] were built 1925 by a man named Holland I put on the water [he worked for the water board]. My father is one of them wearing a flat cap.

All the

Grandad

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

View attachment 74750

What is interesting is the blurred faces in the photo, indicating that the exposure time was probably several seconds. Means that the rest of the crowd were static. Some things never change :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here