Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Think Sam TD thought he had more underneath there. Would surely have been odds on in running, Tango Boy has been well backed last 2 times - There's a win in there for sure.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Energumene declared to face Shishkin in the Clarence House at Ascot on Saturday. Potentially the race of the season, this side of Cheltenham at least, and Energumene is second-fav at around 15-8.

Fwiw I think that underestimates his chance. There's nothing between them on the book (1lb on Timeform) or time figures, neither has ever really been extended and the only real question mark is that Energumene is travelling overseas for the first time. That hasn't stopped many of Mullins's Festival runners over the last 15 years tho.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Energumene declared to face Shishkin in the Clarence House at Ascot on Saturday. Potentially the race of the season, this side of Cheltenham at least, and Energumene is second-fav at around 15-8.

Fwiw I think that underestimates his chance. There's nothing between them on the book (1lb on Timeform) or time figures, neither has ever really been extended and the only real question mark is that Energumene is travelling overseas for the first time. That hasn't stopped many of Mullins's Festival runners over the last 15 years tho.

Really looking forward to this race as Shishkin is going to get a proper race over fences for the first time and Energumene is racing over here for the first time under rules but he did win a point to point at Larkhill. It's going to be a fascinating race from a tactical point of view but I expect Energumene to go off in front and give Shishkin a proper race.

Tonyu will be pleased that we are playing Tomorrow and not Today, I presume he will be at Ascot.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If your going to have a bet, I think Energumene is the value of the 2.There is seemingly nothing in ability between them and i'd certainly argue that Townend is better than Nico all day long. Shishkin could easily win with a change of gear at the end of the race but at the prices I'm in the Energumene camp all day long.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Looking forward to this.
Hope TB is there

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
According to ITV racing 'someone' has just put £360K on Energumene.

It wasn't me, I've had £5.52 :)

(The odd change from my £35.52 from 'Stockdale' finishing 5th earlier today)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Cracking race. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Winner did a lot wrong - can't argue it wouldn't win again probably at Cheltenham next time.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a fabulous race

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ll hide it here, but I’ve had a little (win) bet on Knockabout Queen at Wolverhampton tonight.

Remember that your investments may go down as well as up.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’ll hide it here, but I’ve had a little (win) bet on Knockabout Queen at Wolverhampton tonight.

Remember that your investments may go down as well as up.

:)

Bases loaded, cheers Mac

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here