Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The draw in stall six is a concern for me. Eight of the last ten Ebor winners have been drawn in stall 15 or higher. Similar stats with places. The first four placings in the past five years have been filled by just four single-figure drawn runners. I'll probably still have a small win only bet out of blind loyalty. Won't be remortgaging anything.

That's true, but in the decade before that it was always seen as essential to be drawn in single figures. They ride the Knavesmire differently now and tend to come down the middle rather than the far rail, but it's still entirely possible that the high number "trend" is little more than randomness. That's what I'm banking on at any rate, as I've gone with Mustajeer in two.

Withhold is now the narrow favourite at 7-1 btw, then 15-2 Kings Advice and 8-1 bar.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
The draw in stall six is a concern for me. Eight of the last ten Ebor winners have been drawn in stall 15 or higher. Similar stats with places. The first four placings in the past five years have been filled by just four single-figure drawn runners. I'll probably still have a small win only bet out of blind loyalty. Won't be remortgaging anything.

If you watch his last couple of races (UK) he pings out of the stalls and goes straight to the front, hopefully negating any possible stall bias.... then he just keeps finding and finding. The Handicapper might finally have him in his grip but like you I’m in without remortgaging. This lad has won the three times that I’ve backed him and I hope for the same again tomorrow.

Withhold / Brighton double currently pays c17/1 :albion2:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Skybet paying 8 places at 6/1, best odds guaranteed......if anyone has a working account.

Tony also has Statum running in Ireland at Killarney in the 4:40, although it is 1/5.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got 8/1, gone massive.........

£2.50 e/w

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Drifting currently and out to 9/1 third favourite. The pundits seem to think that 1m 6f is a bit on the short side, with most of his winning done over 2m Plus....
E/W seems to be the smart play, which is why I’ve gone on the nose :rave:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
That's true, but in the decade before that it was always seen as essential to be drawn in single figures. They ride the Knavesmire differently now and tend to come down the middle rather than the far rail, but it's still entirely possible that the high number "trend" is little more than randomness. That's what I'm banking on at any rate, as I've gone with Mustajeer in two.

Withhold is now the narrow favourite at 7-1 btw, then 15-2 Kings Advice and 8-1 bar.

Well done! I ended up going with Raymond Tusk EW @ 20/1 so it didn't work out too awful.

Playmaker

Mar 29, 2016
Mid Sussex
Tavus 15:50 Ffos Las - Opened up at 15/8 in places early this morning, (subsequently had a 12/1 shot taken out so 5p R4 on your early bets) now down to as short as 8/13 although you can still get 5/6 with bet365

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
On big at 5/6, but he’s now shortened to 4/6, with every horse in the book drifting the other way....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Done the bizzo, three lengths...

Your mince pies OK?

Tav.JPG

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yeah, I did correct myself sorry, I was jumping up and down at the time and somehow it looked like three but clearly wasn’t.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Just noticed that Tony has one running in the Old Borough Cup at Haydock today (3:35pm)
The odds probably reflect the chances albeit he has been backed from 66/1 into 50/1, so maybe value in a very low stakes each way bet. Putting Green 335pm

At the opposite end of the spectrum, old favourite Stratum runs in the second race at Listowel tomorrow for Mullins and Townsend but he is likely to start at very short odds...

Tony’s last two runners have won. Can he make it 4 from 4 this weekend?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here