Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes another thread on this, but a different take.

The Club is a success because of Bloom, not Potter.

Potter is the icing on the cake, or maybe the cherry, but 80% of our success is down to the strength of the club ownership and directorship. I have faith they'll make the right decision to replace Potter and move on pretty quickly.

Bloom is the man.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I can see this team crumbling big time if he goes.

That team unity could dissipate without his personality and drive to keep the players up when they're down.

Unless the new manager plays exactly the same systems our style of play could suffer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Potter is the icing on the cake, or maybe the cherry, but 80% of our success is down to the strength of the club ownership and directorship. I have faith they'll make the right decision to replace Potter and move on pretty quickly.

Bloom is the man.

He is, he's the employer of Poyet, Hughton and Potter..... but he was also employer of Hyypia and wasn't going to fire him when he fell on his sword.

Can only hope the next one adds to the majority of decent picks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tuchel to come to us?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Bloom is the man.

I have trust that TB has a short list of excellent coaches/man-managers.

Who'd love to join this brilliantly run EPL club.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That team unity could dissipate without his personality and drive to keep the players up when they're down.

Unless the new manager plays exactly the same systems our style of play could suffer.

Yep. If Tony leaves we are in big trouble.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'd be far more worried if the current recruitment team were to go

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have trust that GP has a short list of excellent coaches/man-managers.

Who'd love to join this brilliantly run EPL club.

GP? Blimey he is so good he is picking his replacement!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is, he's the employer of Poyet, Hughton and Potter..... but he was also employer of Hyypia and wasn't going to fire him when he fell on his sword.

Well as you imply Tony Bloom is a gambler, a poker player supremo, but by and large he succeeds much more often than he fails.

Not only a poker player of course, but a phenomally successful businessman too.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
IMG_1079.jpg

Took this Sunday. The team were taking the applause in front of the north stand at the time. It's a look of a man saying "I did this"....and he's correct but far too humble to admit it publicly.

As the team came off the field he was clapping and punching the air like everyone else.

Broke the mould when they made him!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Yes, but Hyypia (and to a degree Garcia) is also the only manager that wasn't back financially. When Hyypia went, he sacked everyone in the recruitment team and converted to what we have now structurally. Hyypia wasn't necessarily great, but he was backed up by (mainly) rubbish loanees and bargain basement reject transfers.

Every other manager has had ridiculous financial backing comparatively

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, but Hyypia (and to a degree Garcia) is also the only manager that wasn't back financially. When Hyypia went, he sacked everyone in the recruitment team and converted to what we have now structurally. Hyypia wasn't necessarily great, but he was backed up by (mainly) rubbish loanees and bargain basement reject transfers.

Every other manager has had ridiculous financial backing comparatively

Wow a Hyypia apologist!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Great thread title.

When others have been chanting "Graham Potter's Blue & White Army" (and prior to that Chrissie Hughton's Blue & White Army) I have resolutely stuck to singing "Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army". Managers come and go. Mr Chairman is here for life.

We are where we are solely because of Mr Bloom. End of.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting, that was my first thought. But ££££££ would be the issue + not sure he’d be a good fit anyway.

Not got the mentality Bloom will be looking for. Look at all of his choices post Poyet. All calm considered people. It will be more of the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here