Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom on Seagulls World

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Didn't really know what to expect but he sounds a really decent bloke with the club's best interests at heart. Paid tribute to Dick Knight as well as saying he has a good relationship with Russell Slade.

Listening to it only makes me more excited about the near future of the Albion!

:clap:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Someone fancy giving a brief summary? Can't log onto to SW at work.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
He defenently sound like he has a lisp. Gay - not sure, i always thought Dick Knight was!!

Anyway interview was good. Did not say much, seems quite shy. Said some good things about Dick and Russell and used good words like: "i look forward working with everyone". Which is expected.

Did not say anything apart from he was glad to put the money in, even though it was more than he thought, but was happy to do it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
a gay jew?

no-one tell das reich, okay?
I was thinking that! He must be upset enough that the club is now owned by IMMIGRANTS who should bugger back off home to Israel (and ones that his lot never got the chance to exterminate). If the new owner is gay as well ...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thought he has a wife and baby?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bloom transcript of interview:

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Bloom: Its an Honour

Tony Bloom today revealed he feels privileged to be the new chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion.

In his first interview since taking the new role, Bloom said, "I'm delighted to take over as chairman, and it's a huge honour.

"I've been a huge fan for over 30 years and I can't wait for us to get to Falmer!"

The 39-year-old will invest the vast majority of the funding for the club's new stadium, a commitment he says is vital in securing the future of the Seagulls.

"It was quite an easy decision, although I never expected it to be such a big investment," he admitted.

"Over the years I've been very much in touch with Dick (Knight) and the board about the progress of the stadium and the funding, and it was always the intention that I would be putting in a significant amount.

"But the future of the club was totally dependent on the stadium becoming a reality and Dick and the board have done a tremendous job to get the planning permission under difficult conditions.

"I'm very fortunate to be in a position to be able to help out and ensure that the stadium does get built. I can't wait for us to be there in a couple of years' time!"

Former chairman Knight has now taken up the role of life president, and Bloom was keen to pay tribute to his predecessor's contribution over the last 12 years.

But Albion's new chairman is now very much looking to the future as well, and is relishing the prospect of building a successful team with manager Russell Slade.

"Dick has done a tremendous job over the last 12 years," he said. "There's no doubt that without Dick Knight this club would not exist.

"I've had quite a few meetings with Russell and Dick over the last few weeks. I think Russell's a tremendous manager, we've got a great starting point to really push on in the league, and I look forward to working with him.

"I've got a lot of ideas and I think we've got some great people working at the club. I look forward to working with all of them and I think we've got a really great future."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here