Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom lumps yet another £8m on his Albion Premier League dream

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously???? Didn't try hard enough????

What do you know that the rest of us don't?

Do you know how many strikers we went for?

Do you know who they were?

Do you know if they wanted to come to us?

Do you know what fees were offered?

Do you know what wages etc were offered?

If you KNOW none of those, your statement has no basis in fact and only reflects a gratuitous desire to criticise the club.

Obviously I don not know the answer to your questions and can only view this with a fans perspective as all our rivals dont seem to have the same problems and we have had them numerous times in the past.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously I don not know the answer to your questions and can only view this with a fans perspective as all our rivals dont seem to have the same problems and we have had them numerous times in the past.
What about Newcastle fans ?

Surely they have the issue that their club didn't try hard enough to get Knockaert and Forestieri ? ???

They must be seething.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But obviously didn't try hard enough...after all it's obvious isen't it

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

You can answer this one easily enough. Which players bought by any of our rivals would you have liked us to sign?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Who did our rivals buy that would have suited our system and weren't MASSIVELY overpriced should we have signed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, it's so easy to spend £10m-£20m of someone elses money. Last season we were the highest scorers in the league, and still people bleat on about another f***ing striker. Maybe all of these keyboard warriors know the sum of f*** all. If our defence had been better last year, we would have gone up.

Calm down. The club KNOW we needed another striker. Chris went public on the need for a striker / number 10. I think I'll trust Chris over your ill-informed rant...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who did our rivals buy that would have suited our system and weren't MASSIVELY overpriced should we have signed.

Pritchard!

Dack, although not purchased by our rivals.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Pritchard! ;-)

I know you are joking but it's a good example isn't it?! We did a deal that was acceptable to the selling club and the player but another club came in and paid significantly more than the selling club's valuation and the player and his agent's demands. Is that how to conduct business, even football business? An Ed Balls up in my humble opinion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know you are joking but it's a good example isn't it?! We did a deal that was acceptable to the selling club and the player but another club came in and paid significantly more than the selling club's valuation and the player and his agent's demands. Is that how to conduct business, even football business? An Ed Balls up in my humble opinion.

Was it acceptable to the player? Had he actually got to the table to discuss terms before he did his U-turn on the M25. Spurs agreed to honour our deal with them. Down to player greed at the end of the day and I'm glad we don't put greed above everything else.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
We were one of the top-scoring championship teams last season, and more than half of those goals by my reckoning were scored by players who are not recognised strikers.
I see no reason, with the squad we've got why we can't repeat that this season, and if, in addition we can let in fewer goals at the other end we could be laughing.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Vydra possibly Ricky Lambert. There is still hope as Ravel Morrison is a free agent who would fit the no 10 role.

Vydra I can understand. However, given our past interest I'd be surprised if a conversation didn't take place. Lambert less so. If we were to take any of that type of number 9 then I'd rather have gone for Leo back but someone to compete with Baldock to partner either GM or TH was obviously the plan.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Was it acceptable to the player? Had he actually got to the table to discuss terms before he did his U-turn on the M25. Spurs agreed to honour our deal with them. Down to player greed at the end of the day and I'm glad we don't put greed above everything else.

Yes, according to Paul Barber. I doubt he'd lie.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Vydra possibly Ricky Lambert. There is still hope as Ravel Morrison is a free agent who would fit the no 10 role.

Ravel Morrison ! Just EXACTLY the sort of calm steadying influence we need in our dressing room.[emoji33] Thankfully he seemed quite happy posing for Lazio in late July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given TB flatly refused several offers for DS (and possibly others) and made a serious bid for Pritchard, I've no doubt at all that he and others were busting their balls trying to get a striker in. Could be all manner of reasons why it didn't happen, I doubt it's down to lack of will or effort though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given TB flatly refused several offers for DS (and possibly others) and made a serious bid for Pritchard, I've no doubt at all that he and others were busting their balls trying to get a striker in. Could be all manner of reasons why it didn't happen, I doubt it's down to lack of will or effort though.

That's outrageous. TB deliberately didn't sign a striker because he wanted to upset a small number of extremely needy people on the Internet, who also have severe self-entitlement issues.

TB's just CRUEL and should jog on now, and sell his shares to a previously unheard of Chinese businessman who made his money from selling slightly damaged cauliflowers to restaurants, and now has decided he wants to own a football club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's outrageous. TB deliberately didn't sign a striker because he wanted to upset a small number of extremely needy people on the Internet, who also have severe self-entitlement issues.

TB's just CRUEL and should jog on now, and sell his shares to a previously unheard of Chinese businessman who made his money from selling slightly damaged cauliflowers to restaurants, and now has decided he wants to own a football club.
Good point well made

larus

Calm down. The club KNOW we needed another striker. Chris went public on the need for a striker / number 10. I think I'll trust Chris over your ill-informed rant...

There's too many idiotic posts on here (like yours) implying that our season will be a disaster if we don't get another striker. I would hope that the club are always looking to strengthen, but the over-reaction when we don't sign someone is frankly, pathetic. Accusation so lacking ambitions, or we didn't do enough. Too many are spending too long playing Football Manager (or whatever it's called) and think this qualifies them on the running of a business.

It seems as though some people are born with a brain, just that they've obviously never read the instruction manual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here