Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's VALUE bet!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
had ht draw ft spurs/ ht draw ft west ham and leicester to win... 50/1 and fing leicester cost me... over £200

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon as such here, only to say that your headline was that you claimed it was a 'value' bet.

Then you defend yourself by saying 10/1 would have been about the right odds for both

Not knocking you chap, but you you understand what a 'value' bet is?

I dont really understand why this guy is getting so much stick for this. A 'value bet' is one where the quoted odds are higher than they should be. So if you think the odds for some outcome really ought to be about 10/1 but are in fact 33/2, that represents a value bet.

Some people just dont seem to get this difference between 'value' and the outcome. Just because you think a bet is good value doesnt mean that you think it will happen. It means that you think it is less unlikely to happen than the bookie thinks its unlikely to happen. Over time, backing value bets (if they are indeed value) will yield a profit. The tough part is spotting them.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago aimed at the Ferret, saying something along the lines of 'yah boo, you are useless. None of your 10-1 shots came in'. Again - it just didnt understand the point about value.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I dont really understand why this guy is getting so much stick for this. A 'value bet' is one where the quoted odds are higher than they should be. So if you think the odds for some outcome really ought to be about 10/1 but are in fact 33/2, that represents a value bet.

Some people just dont seem to get this difference between 'value' and the outcome. Just because you think a bet is good value doesnt mean that you think it will happen. It means that you think it is less unlikely to happen than the bookie thinks its unlikely to happen. Over time, backing value bets (if they are indeed value) will yield a profit. The tough part is spotting them.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago aimed at the Ferret, saying something along the lines of 'yah boo, you are useless. None of your 10-1 shots came in'. Again - it just didnt understand the point about value.

Thanks. Good to see some people atleast understand basic gambling terminology :wink:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think Mario Gomez (9/2) first goalscorer in the Marseille v Bayern Munich match tonight is a great bet. He's bang in form and Betfred will DOUBLE the odds if he nets first and gets another and TREBLE the odds if he bags a hat-trick with him opening the scoring.

And I can vouch that HseagullsH is a top man who knows his value betting. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 18477

I think Mario Gomez (9/2) first goalscorer in the Marseille v Bayern Munich match tonight is a great bet. He's bang in form and Betfred will DOUBLE the odds if he nets first and gets another and TREBLE the odds if he bags a hat-trick with him opening the scoring.

And I can vouch that HseagullsH is a top man who knows his value betting. :thumbsup:

Odds on messi scoring 5? Or at least a hat trick?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Odds on messi scoring 5? Or at least a hat trick?

3/1 to score first. A hat-trick is 5/1 with William Hill; that's ridiculously short. Might get 7/1 or 8/1 somewhere but he can't keep on scoring at the rate he is at the moment IMO! Tough game at the San Siro even if Milan have a couple of key injuries.

There HAS to be value elsewhere and Alexis Sanchez is a standout 6/1 with Betfred where he's only 7/2 with Ladbrokes.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

Interesting bet. Worth a few quid on Mario I reckon. And cheers for the support Durlston:thumbsup: Still going to Brighton/Barnet games?

Todays value I feel again is in the half time/full time market. A draw is a very likely outcome and I see Barce being happy with that.

I got 19/1 on both Ac/Draw and Barce/Draw. Surely good value? I reckon a fairly tight 1-1 is a likely outcome.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

You're quite right Toe.

On reading it again, I misunderstood the 'should be 10/1 for both' thinking he meant coupled, instead of 10/1 for each.

As I said also, I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon.

My best value bet this year was doing ht/ft Brighton ht v pikeys ft at 70 on betfair, far too big.

Hated winning it though.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

unlucky, was a good shout

edit - BBC changed their mind - BRILLIANT shout

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Cheers mistahclarke. Hope you and a few others had a wager on him as well. :banana:

I did as it happens, went a tenner seeing as your footy knowledge is pretty spot on (Uruguay last year). Owe you a beer or two!

He had a few shots saved too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here