Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's referee Roger East....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Almost every tackle on a Derby player resulted in a free kick absolutely ridiculous, I also feel the ref bottled giving the pen to us as it was very early in the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not blaming it for the result but the ref def gave Derby the more favourable decisions. We got very little - he seemed to side with Derby for sure.

Out of interest has anyone seen the Calde incident on tv? Looked a clear pen to me..

Looked a simple decision to make lino bottled it as well.

Oh well we have Pawson as ref on Sunday, last game he was ref was Leicester away 1-4, a good omen?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Almost every tackle on a Derby player resulted in a free kick absolutely ridiculous, I also feel the ref bottled giving the pen to us as it was very early in the game.
then booked calde a few minutes later......as a tv viewer i would say his decisions favoured derby .

briref

Aug 12, 2008
They should have appointed a Premier League referee like they did for the play-off matches last season.

my wish is .................

Roger East IS a premiership referee.

Or as you have never seen before him when you watch Super Sunday he doesn't count

We have another PREMIERSHIP referee on Sunday - Craig Pawson.

There is 18 select group referee's on the list!

How many could you name?

Properly 2 or 3 at a push

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Wasn't the ref who cost us the game no and he managed the game ok but, on checking the match again after getting home, both out biggest shouts were 100% pens so his mistakes massively influenced things. As did Upsons stupid challenge.

100% penalties - Are you sure?

Penalties you expect to be seen giving in every game - i don't think so

briref

Aug 12, 2008

I thought the ref was fine. Although he did delay some 50/50 decisions, such as a potential foul on Upson that he allowed to go-until he realised that County then had a two on one.

As for penalties involving Leo Ulloa, his antics aren't helping his cause at the moment. I was only saying to the fellah next to me that it was a matter of time before he lost us a cast iron penalty.

There is not a single situation, where a long ball is played to him and he is looking at it.
He is always backing in, backing in.

He will rarely get a decision from ANY referee - not even so called big premiership referee's

briref

Aug 12, 2008
We didn't lose the game because of the ref, we lost the game because we were unlucky. The ref was very poor though, made some very dubious decisions.

there are always a number of 50/50 decisions in a football game.
some go for and against you.

you are never going to agree with every decision they make, but this does does make them poor

briref

Aug 12, 2008
So, you not only saw the game live, you then went home and watched a recording to be convinced that certain decisions may have been wrong (in your opinion) this only underlines the fact the the same video technology as used in Rugby should be used in football, until that happens we will always have these disputes over what was right or wrong.

Personally I think if a team does enough in a game it will never have to rely on half baked decisions from a human being, good positive play usually results in goals, we did not do 90 minutes of good positive play, nothing like it, sadly, tonight, Derby outplayed and out witted us, they broke and were dangerous we broke and were not.

I bleed blue & white stripes, but you have to be realistic.

Great post
If we played with the same tempo as we did for the first 18 minutes, we would be taking a 2 -3 goal lead to Derby Sunday.

What changed - we scored.

We only have ourselves to blame (or Gus), the referee had no influence

Last edited:

briref

Aug 12, 2008

Not blaming it for the result but the ref def gave Derby the more favourable decisions. We got very little - he seemed to side with Derby for sure.

Out of interest has anyone seen the Calde incident on tv? Looked a clear pen to me..

you are always going to appeal for it at the game, though I thought he went down like a sack of @@@@@

I have just seen it again and an inexperienced referee would of shown calde a 2nd yellow card for simulation

Imagine NSC if Calde was sent off after 10 minutes.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
then booked calde a few minutes later......as a tv viewer i would say his decisions favoured derby .

Orlandi was very lucky not to get a yellow card after 4/5 minutes.
That was too a caution in any game by any referee, though the ref didnt want to get his book out that early.

Calde had to be cautioned, if not - 2 tackles like Orlandi and Calde in the the first 7 minutes going unpunished would of set the bar to high.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
my wish is .................

Roger East IS a premiership referee.

Or as you have never seen before him when you watch Super Sunday he doesn't count

We have another PREMIERSHIP referee on Sunday - Craig Pawson.

There is 18 select group referee's on the list!

How many could you name?

Properly 2 or 3 at a push

He has refereed 5 Premier League games so isn't as experienced as Oliver and Clattenburg, who we had last year.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
He has refereed 5 Premier League games so isn't as experienced as Oliver and Clattenburg, who we had last year.

now we mention "experienced"?

several people have posted saying we should of had a "PREMIERSHIP" ref

which was the case,

and for people to suggest a premiership ref is out of his depth in a championship play off fixture is ridiculous

Rambleruk

May 8, 2014
Hello guys Derby fan here and I am also a referee so thought I would give my view on the Ref from our point of view but first off bad luck last night you deserved at least the draw.Second game should be interesting but beware the performance by us last night was poor by our seasons standards since McClaren came in I would but it at around a third of what we have been playing at and yes it was partly down to you stopping us playing.Our player of the season Bryson did not get into the game at all that does not happen twice in a row this season and contary to what some of your poster's think we are not bad at defending we conceeded a few early when Clough was in charge but since March we rarely concede more than one a game.

Ok on to the Ref the first one was a penalty but like briref says the way he went down did not help his cause plus the linesman was in line with a clear view and gave nothing.Second one involving Ulloa you would say was another penalty if Refs ever gave them but 999 times out 1000 the decision goes to the defender if given at all.Once gave one on a Sunday morning and got crucified by both managers and both teams.

The bookings you could not argue with but was surprised Upson got away with out one for the penalty, which by the way would be the easiest one the Ref has ever had to give.Overall he had a reasonable game have seen far worse this season

Best of luck on Sunday and those that are coming enjoy your day should be a great atmosphere by the way if you have been before the away fans for this game have been moved in the south east corner so will have home fans on both sides of them giving us behind both goals.Weather forecast is for heavy showers......may the best team win and then go on to win the final

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I thought the ref was fine. Although he did delay some 50/50 decisions, such as a potential foul on Upson that he allowed to go-until he realised that County then had a two on one.

As for penalties involving Leo Ulloa, his antics aren't helping his cause at the moment. I was only saying to the fellah next to me that it was a matter of time before he lost us a cast iron penalty.

I agree with that, from a Palace perspective of course. Ulloa is a very strong lad when he wants to be (and a quality player) so it really doesn't suit him to be going down easily under challenges he could stay on his feet for.

I'm sure some of you are thinking "what if" with some of the penalty calls but IMO the worst call of the night was giving you a very dangerous free kick when Buckley either dived or simply fell over untouched!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here