Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's injuries.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Knockaert came over to the Albion fans at the end being held up by two members of the coaching staff who also helped him back away. He looks like he's out for a long time

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Four injuries - all non-contact, the players just sitting down on the turf saying "I'm ****ed" at different stages of the game??? I've never ever seen a team at any level have injuries like that. WTF do they do in training??? or was the 'Boro game just one game too far??? whatever ...we're completely fkuced now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Knockaert came over to the Albion fans at the end being held up by two members of the coaching staff who also helped him back away. He looks like he's out for a long time

Could be precautionary. I saw Andy Rollings carried to a Seagull Special train once on a Good Friday at Cardiff and he played on the Monday and that was the 70s. You never know.......... miracle recovery etc.....

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Anyone else think a Knockeart three month injury lay off might be a good thing?

Might be the best chance we have of keeping hold of him during the big sell off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It does raise the question of the ridiculous scheduling of the play-offs. I like them overall but after going all season to get there you then have to play 2 games in 4 days with no chance of minor injuries recovering.. and then wait a fortnight for the Final.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone else think a Knockeart three month injury lay off might be a good thing?

Might be the best chance we have of keeping hold of him during the big sell off.

That thought had occurred to me too. He's already had the heartache of missing the playoffs but then got promoted the next season. Hopefully he can repeat it with us.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
To be honest I am looking at them being fit for next season when we are unbeaten, have the most points, score the most goals etc etc and ascend into the prem as demigods. Am I getting ahead of myself?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If it's any consolation, I've done what Knockaert has done too many times to count (land on your ankle) when playing football. My time out 'injured' ranged from a good night's sleep to a couple of weeks. Although 3 days is probably a huge stretch in Knockaert's case.

So in my extremely professional, well educated, expert opinion, if we don't reach the final he should be back for pre-season at the worst......

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think Knocky is the interesting one for me. Undoubtedly he opened up the joint and exposed the ligament, the thing is did he just stretch it, actually strain them (then definitely out) or in the worst case scenario, actually fracture his ankle.

You never know and Knocky wise I'm absolutely clutching at straws

That looked like the type of injury you get when you've sprained your ankle in the past and it hasn't healed yet.

Without surgery that ankle then is so easy to turn over again and again.

Would explain why he's been so quiet these last three games.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
are you a medical professional? we seem to have a lot of Dr's and Physios on line tonight

er, no. Simply going by the pain he looked in/going off on a stretcher. I haven't stated a thing, just asking, hoping someone might know/hear something.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If Knockaert has only twisted his ankle, he might be alright.

Goldson looked like a groin injury and Hemed and Sidwell looked like hamstrings so they'll all be unlikely I think.
Looked more than that to me. Ligaments I'd expect.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
To be honest I am looking at them being fit for next season when we are unbeaten, have the most points, score the most goals etc etc and ascend into the prem as demigods. Am I getting ahead of myself?

You might be as squad could be cherry picked.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think BZ should put in a shift in the last game, I wonder if it is a clause about how many games played this season in his agreement that is stopping his selection ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could be precautionary. I saw Andy Rollings carried to a Seagull Special train once on a Good Friday at Cardiff and he played on the Monday and that was the 70s. You never know.......... miracle recovery etc.....

To be fair, it wasn't unusual for a player to be carried home the night before they played in the 70s :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here