Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tonight

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We'll be alright. We've got a lot of character, strength and know how these days.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Also, we didn't play that badly last week - it just didn't happen for us. I don't think the players will be that demoralised or affected by the result at Preston.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Also, we didn't play that badly last week - it just didn't happen for us. I don't think the players will be that demoralised or affected by the result at Preston.
This. Our standards are so high that defeat in a tricky away match, where we played well enough to restrict the opposition to only two shots on target in 95 mins, can be talked about as a bad performance...

CH and the players will have processed it more as a bit of an inevitable blip - where we weren't quite at our "levels" and from which we can easily kick on with a strong performance against Wednesday.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think threads like this just show how different people feel the pressure. The reality of the situation is that the teams below us have to considerably outperform us in the 2nd half of the season to overtake us. Yes, we could implode, but there is nothing to suggest over the last year or so that we will do that - on the contrary. For real pressure, Sheff Wed (and others below us) simply cannot afford to lose to us, as it makes the gap bigger and bigger, and their hopes then rely on us imploding. We all know that we will get a blip at some point. By a blip, that means a number of games. If we lose tonight, this may become our blip, and we may find that the gap closes. However, the reality is that the teams below us, as thing stand, have not been capable of putting a run together like ours, and therefore the odds on them outperforming us significantly enough in the 2nd half are pretty slim. If they do, they will deserve to go up. Newcastle have already shown that they are capable of losing games.. A point tonight suits us far better than it does Sheff Wed. They will have no other opportunities within their control to close the gap.. that's pressure! Our run has meant that we can afford to lose a couple without worrying too much..

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Capture.JPG

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
After last Saturday, I expect optimism to be restored by us to getting it right up Sheffield Wednesday tonight and Cardiff on Tuesday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whatever our result tonight, Leeds and Reading both have tricky fixture tomorrow - away at Barnsley and Derby respectively.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Given that we had never won at Hillsborough, it is hardly surprising we have never beaten them twice in a league season. :dunce:

That particular snippet was from a 'neutral' punters page, and I might wager that many neutrals were indeed unaware regarding our history of frustrated attempts at Hillsborough prior to the success earlier this term.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My mate's hairdresser's fella (bear with me) is a Wednesday fan and he's been a naughty boy so she tells my friend. We're gonna smash them for her. Murray's on a free trim for a brace and a free cut and blow dry for a hatrick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here