Tomorrow : I'm so excited.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Look at the positives our strikers havent been scoring perhaps Darren Bent will.

BG whats going on???? I am agreeing with you in 2 threads :)

Your bang on though. Bent, although he hasn't been playing has cost in excess of £20m for Villa, stepping down a division playing for us, 30 years old. I cannot imagine Villa have allowed it to come not to score, the aim will be to get his confidence levels up. Would not be surprised if Lambert was expecting for Bent to smash a fair few in for us in the time he will be here.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Villa are lowest scoring team in the EPL and yet they allow Darren bent to leave.
Speaks volumes I think

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Villa are lowest scoring team in the EPL and yet they allow Darren bent to leave.
Speaks volumes I think

I work with 2 Villa fans a my brother in law is a Villa fan too - obviously they aren't speaking on behalf of all the villa fans but all 3 were disappointed with Lambert for letting him come to us and feel he should be pushing for a start with them.

How can we lose? If he is rubbish, he goes very soon and if he hits the ground running, it helps us out too!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a win win situation for us depending on how much of his £60k per week we are paying. Hope he scores 10 goals in his 6 games and pushes us up the table before he goes off for another lucrative pay day.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I have to disagree

In my opinion Colunga is a midfielder who can play out wide or come from deep.

Disagree all you like sir, its your opinion and your entitled to that as much as I am mine buddy

He started against Swindon and Spurs as our main striker, can play there so is an option. If we want to go all picky, Halford can also play upfront as a 'crouch' option and people have been calling for Dunk too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that as we play only 1 striker usually we are covered in that department with Bent Baldock and Colunga apart from DS players in an emergency so all is not lost. To lose 2 of the 3 strikers between now and January when both CMS and COG can come back would be bad luck.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Disagree all you like sir, its your opinion and your entitled to that as much as I am mine buddy

He started against Swindon and Spurs as our main striker, can play there so is an option. If we want to go all picky, Halford can also play upfront as a 'crouch' option and people have been calling for Dunk too.

I give you that

Although as I stands. Do we not have 4 keepers

Stockdale
Walton
Al habsi
Ankergrun

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I give you that

Although as I stands. Do we not have 4 keepers

Stockdale
Walton
Al habsi
Ankergrun

I do not see your point obviously when Stockdale was injured SH didnt have sufficient faith in Ankergren and Walton was an unknown quantity as to how he would cope being thrown in. I would think either Al Habsi will return to Wigan or Ankergren will go in January and possibly even Walton go out on loan to get games.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I do not see your point obviously when Stockdale was injured SH didnt have sufficient faith in Ankergren and Walton was an unknown quantity as to how he would cope being thrown in. I would think either Al Habsi will return to Wigan or Ankergren will go in January and possibly even Walton go out on loan to get games.

Al Habsi is back at Wigan.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Speaks volumes I think

Some people love to see the negative in every situation, Bent's got a decent goal scoring record with experience at highest level. Who knows how it will turn out but at least we've realised we needed a major over haul up front and done something about it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Some people love to see the negative in every situation, Bent's got a decent goal scoring record with experience at highest level. Who knows how it will turn out but at least we've realised we needed a major over haul up front and done something about it.

Fully agree, Quinney. Lets at least wait and see. Might see you on the train over to Falmer later.
Cheers, Mate

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
Just had a quick look through the building of the stadium book brings it all back, I don't care about all the goings on just really looking forward to the game, come on u seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports