Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomori

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's a real shame we weren't able to get him in when we got promoted. He's a fantastic player and will be an England player in the future, should Southgate be reminded he's an option.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A good player, who should be playing in the Premier League.

Why?! I bet he can't believe his luck!

He's now playing for a fantastic, historic club who are currently making a comeback under an excellent manager in a brilliant football league. Not to mention following in the footsteps of absolute defensive legends like Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, Nesta etc. Also gets to live in a brilliant city and country.

Great move for him, wish him all the best and hope he does feature in the England squad again soon along with our lads.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Why?! I bet he can't believe his luck!

He's now playing for a fantastic, historic club who are currently making a comeback under an excellent manager in a brilliant football league. Not to mention following in the footsteps of absolute defensive legends like Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, Nesta etc. Also gets to live in a brilliant city and country.

Great move for him, wish him all the best and hope he does feature in the England squad again soon along with our lads.

Indeed; I wish more English/British players would spend part of their careers abroad. It certainly benefited players like Ray Wilkins and David Platt. They can learn a lot more than just playing in a different league, and often come back better players.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Indeed; I wish more English/British players would spend part of their careers abroad. It certainly benefited players like Ray Wilkins and David Platt. They can learn a lot more than just playing in a different league, and often come back better players.

Indeed Jadon Sancho is proving that right now IMHO

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Indeed Jadon Sancho is proving that right now IMHO

Sancho and Bellingham both at Dortmund, Sancho was extremely brave for the decision he made. Glad it worked out for him so far and has led the way for others to take the opportunity to show if you are willing to work hard enough you can make it work, do well and you will be snapped up by a Prem club.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Sancho and Bellingham both at Dortmund, Sancho was extremely brave for the decision he made. Glad it worked out for him so far and has led the way for others to take the opportunity to show if you are willing to work hard enough you can make it work, do well and you will be snapped up by a Prem club.

Yeah. It was probably the right move for Sancho. Guardiola would have given him far fewer minutes had he stayed at City. City fans might point to Foden as an example, but it's probable a lot of Sancho's minutes would have come at Foden's expense, so I think they both benefitted from his move.

Down side is players overseas tend to end up further down the pecking order when it comes to international selection. Suspect Tomori will struggle for England recognition no matter how well he does in Italy.

Sancho is the highest scoring teenager in Bundesliga history and has over 100 goals and assists at 21. His career average is a goal or assist every 90 minutes or less which is insane. And yet not even in the squad against Croatia. Bizarre.

If Sancho's move doesn't come off this summer, then Dortmund could potentially be lining up with 5 English born players next season. Gio Reyna and Erling Haarland were both born whilst their fathers were playing here.

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens is the fifth. Like Sancho, he arrived there via Man City. Decent looking prospect IMO. I think they have hopes he'll eventually fill the gap left by Sancho, but he'll still only 16 and next season is unlikely to be his breakthrough season. He might get a few token minutes here and there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here