Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Lawrence

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Can't imagine Lawrence will be allowed to leave until Mahrez impending transfer is sorted and a replacement found! If it were to happen it may be a lot later in the window!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mahrez supposedly having a medical at Roma any day now prior to £31.3m move. Might move this along a bit...?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How could a Championship club without parachute money possibly usurp the Albion with their extra £100m?

Perhaps because we're not interested?

The only thing Naylor has said is that we were interested at one stage but nothing more than that.

If we do want him, which I hope we do, then we wouldn't have any problem beating Derby to his signature.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
How could a Championship club without parachute money possibly usurp the Albion with their extra £100m?

At what point have we ever attempted to compete with top championship clubs when they start throwing money around? Our ethos is everyone has their price and if that's exceeded by whoever, we're out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps because we're not interested?

The only thing Naylor has said is that we were interested at one stage but nothing more than that.

If we do want him, which I hope we do, then we wouldn't have any problem beating Derby to his signature.
I can think of 2 problems.

Leicester's demands and the players demands.
Both may be unrealistic to the Albion, but they'll only be unrealistic if nobody meets them, which you'd have to assume is unlikely.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Can't imagine we would be looking to sign TL now after signing knees up Izzy brown, Too similar and we have the likes of Skalak to play the same role.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
But Shirley they dont have it:

Brighton club income 2017/18 £130m
Derby £22m.

It is not about what we have, it is what we value a player at... If Derby think a player is worth 6m and we think he is worth 4m then it is irrelevant if we have 100m to spend... we won't spend more than 4m on that player, as they aren't worth more than 4m to our scouting/finance team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can think of 2 problems.

Leicester's demands and the players demands.
Both may be unrealistic to the Albion, but they'll only be unrealistic if nobody meets them, which you'd have to assume is unlikely.

So if Brighton deem fee/wages unrealistic.....but another club don't, Brighton aren't being realistic and therefore we should pay more because another club will even though in Brightons eyes its unrealistic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here