Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toilets on trains

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Southampton , Fareham and Cosham all have toilets. As do Pompey harbour , Southsea , Fratton , Havant , Emsworth , Chichester, Fordand Angmering . Think West Worthing and Shoreham do as well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Embarrassed more like, if you been on the beer it should be clear.

Looks like the tea drinkers have been in there

Looking at the cans on the floor maybe someone emptied their buds straight down the pan to avoid wasting time drinking it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Regarding 'slam doors', they were still in use on the western line (GWR?) up to 4 years ago, and may still be, as I used to take one regularly from Paddington to Slough on the way to Windsor.

DegMJ mu23EYQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Regarding 'slam doors', they were still in use on the western line (GWR?) up to 4 years ago, and may still be, as I used to take one regularly from Paddington to Slough on the way to Windsor.

DegMJ mu23EYQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I go to Bristol quite regularly. The doors are slam doors but they are locked by the guard until the train is stationary.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I believe the 2 NOLs were former carriages from steam trains that had been fitted with electric motors and driving cabs. They couldn't be fitted with toilets as there were no corridors. Each compartment was self contained and had its own doors. Incidentally there had been recent controversy about female only compartments, the 2NOLs did have Ladies only compartments as well as Smoking and Non-Smoking. Route 1 was the Brighton to West Worthing service stopping at all stations and halts including the now closed Holland Road Halt.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I believe the 2 NOLs were former carriages from steam trains that had been fitted with electric motors and driving cabs. They couldn't be fitted with toilets as there were no corridors. Each compartment was self contained and had its own doors. Incidentally there had been recent controversy about female only compartments, the 2NOLs did have Ladies only compartments as well as Smoking and Non-Smoking. Route 1 was the Brighton to West Worthing service stopping at all stations and halts including the now closed Holland Road Halt.
Yes, old coaches on new underframes. The underframes were re-used for the new EPB suburban stock in the late 1950s!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here