Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Todd Boehly wants to ring the changes...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This Todd needs flushing. It’s starting to cause a stink.

If Potter thinks that the Todd is a good person, he really is a very poor judge of character, or perhaps the £60m contract has clouded his view.

Potter is a political animal and just says what he thinks people want to hear.
Unless, of course, its a few frustrated fans booing another below par performance and then the gloves are off. The real Potter comes out then.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
All-Star game... wouldnt watch it but wouldnt be the end of the world... but I have a feeling he has more suggestions and most of them will likely be hideous.

However, if there's money to make from it, 20 out of 20 PL clubs are going to listen.

My bet would be the money would go to the clubs that provide the players so they can buy more of the best players and continue the cycle.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10388310 said:
It’s comments like these that make me think it’ll all end in tears for Potter sooner rather than later, and I’m someone that wishes him well and would like to see him succeed (although of course I’m gutted he’s gone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very generous of you about a man who has just shafted our owner and our club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It would be seen as something akin to soccer aid or the Olympic football if it happened I reckon. Most players would find excuses to get out of doing it, or you’d end up with mostly under 23s or something.

Also, the suggestion therefore is having Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Leeds etc fans in one end, then Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, Brighton, Palace fans all together in the other? Can’t see ANY problems with that.

More importantly though, we should try to think roughly what the teams would be, assuming a max of 2/3 from each club?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
North-South All-Star game? Not fussed or interested myself, but I can see why he suggested it.

As for the relegation idea, the gulf is such between the PL and Championship, that I would expect the PL club to win every time. Yes, obviously promoted clubs can survive and compete in the top league, but that's after a summer and transfer window to prepare for it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It would be seen as something akin to soccer aid or the Olympic football if it happened I reckon. Most players would find excuses to get out of doing it, or you’d end up with mostly under 23s or something.

Also, the suggestion therefore is having Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Leeds etc fans in one end, then Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, Brighton, Palace fans all together in the other? Can’t see ANY problems with that.

More importantly though, we should try to think roughly what the teams would be, assuming a max of 2/3 from each club?

Max 2 from each in a 4-4-3 formation ?

Sep 9, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10388310]It’s comments like these that make me think it’ll all end in tears for Potter sooner rather than later, and I’m someone that wishes him well and would like to see him succeed (although of course I’m gutted he’s gone)

That thought occurred to me too. TB2 (Todd Boehly) seems either completely out of touch with football, or just doesn't care and wants to Americanise football for his own gains. Probably a bit of both. To me he represents everything bad about the game.

Compare his approach to what seems to be that of RR and RMcH at Wrexham, who seem to be embracing the entire football culture...poles apart.

I imagine GP will have to explain so many things about how football works to TB2. Things that he would have been able to take for granted with TB1 here.

At a superficial level GP might think TB2 and he have aligned philosophies. Not sure that will be the case when they dig a bit deeper as time goes by.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think the playoffs for relegation could work similar to the Belgian way of determining the league winner. Have bottom go down automatically, then the next 4 playing each other for their survival, top 2 stay up, bottom 2 go down.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This happens every time American’s buy an English club. They have grand ideas to radically change things to make football more like American sports. After a while they realise it’s not going to work and lose interest in the idea.

Saw a wise comment on Twitter along the lines of "If Americans are so good at marketing sports, how come their team games are only played in the US and the big, global sports have little following there?" It's a valid point. Football and cricket dwarf all other teams sports, gridiron and baseball are nowhere.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Waits for De Bruyne rupture an ACL in a meaningless game….

On a different point, do any of the older NSCers remember a TV programme called All in the Game, which pitched teams of apprentices/reserves against each other, with different skill events….

I suppose like crossbar challenge these days and alike.

That’s possibly more likely to work using U21s

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh God. He thinks he’s King in waiting of the FA.

Some of the other PL leaders must be delighted that they have a new stooge.

Someone has told Bogey that Chelsea doesn’t belong to him? - he just owns it that’s all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’d cheer for the West.

It's a good point: if Norwich and Brizzle are two of the teams promoted this year (perfectly possible) then they would presumably count as northern teams.

And if Watford joined them then they too, bizarrely, would be a northern team (assuming an equal split between north and south)

It's a totally bonkers idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here