Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Today's the day...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yeah but you're old and easily impressed by shiny, lighty-up things.

You mean like all the posters who're getting ever so excited about something as trivial as a new version of a mobile phone?!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How sad that people get so excited over a phone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apple is a very successful cult and, as with most cults, their prime objective is to remove as much cash as possible from the indoctrinated.

It's very impressive that they've managed to continue the scam for so long.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Streaming the event on the TV in the lounge via AppleTV.

Much excitement here. It's like a new Star Wars film. But better, obvs.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Streaming the event on the TV in the lounge via AppleTV.

Much excitement here. It's like a new Star Wars film. But better, obvs.

Lots of Apple Popcorn I hope

Halloween-Caramel-Apple-Popcorn-.jpg

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Ugh. As mentioned, I'm no Apple fan, but my ex switched to Android (admittedly Sony) a while back and god it was awful. Say what you want about Apple but the user experience is streets ahead of Android. (Based on my experiences)

Perhaps you should've got a Samsung especially the galaxy 7. Streets ahead. I've had iPhone and I know which I prefer.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Cant wait.

I have made the move from Windows/Android to Apple over the past couple of years and certainly wouldn't go back to an Android phone.

I still miss the fun of putting together a PC from bits & pieces bought from Novatech, but my beautiful Mac is now 2 years old and performs just as well as it did on Day 1.

Not quite a jizz-soaked fanboy just yet, but who knows..........

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mario for iPhone and Pokemon Go for Apple Watch. Incredible.

Bozza Jnr, aged 6, whooped with delight upon this news. Brought a tear to my eye.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not liking those air-pod headphones, they'll be lost within hours of purchase

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
It's been a year but today is the day that Apple unveil their new baby to an eagerly-watching world.

View attachment 77716

Yes, it's new iPhone announcement day and what can be more exciting than that (other than the Albion signing a 4th striker)?

People often insist I shut down NSC to coincide with Apple announcements in order that they can fully focus on the news - I'll make a call on that later today.

So, what can we expect? There seems to be widespread consensus, that...

- The design will not be significantly different from the iPhone 6/6s Plus/s Plus models from the last couple of years, with a radical redesign being held back for next year's 10th anniversary iPhone.
- The removal of the headphone jack. Wired headphones to use the lightning port or, of course, go the Bluetooth route.
- The biggest battery capacity boost on an iPhone ever (due to space saved by the removal of the headphone jack).
- Usual improved/faster CPU and camera.
- The Plus having a new dual lens camera allowing better zooming and low light shots.
- A pressure-sensitive home button that can provide feedback by way of vibrating.
- Another speaker and/or microphone on the bottom of the phone where the headphone jack used to be.

Apple Watch 2 could be unveiled, likely to include GPS (for running etc) and improved performance and battery life.

What can't YOU wait to see later today (6pm kick-off)?

Thought this was the day they would settle their TAX bill fairly.....not pay less than I do... Sorry Bozza but they are not the Messiah just very naughty boys ...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sod all the latest technology on these releases, the best enhancement they could make, is to design an unbreakable screen !!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Nice phone, some great new features, I like the stereo speakers and the Camera upgrades, especially on the plus version. But there isn't enough in there to get me to part from my 6plus to a 7. I'll wait for the 8.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sod all the latest technology on these releases, the best enhancement they could make, is to design an unbreakable screen !!

I'm sure they could, but then they've lost half of the money the Genius Bar generates.
Also on the 7, it's got the water resistant coating, I wonder how that will go down with the mobile shops that can sort you a new screen for £40?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
When is the '8' coming out?

There is NO truth in the rumour of no screen, an essential purchase being the iToucher reality control module.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here