Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Surrender

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
I wanted to say how disgusted I was today with how the game went and how I thought the players showed a complete lack of passion and will to win. I live on the Isle of Wight now and made the trip up, My day consisted of a £45 return ferry trip, £200 spent in the Albion shop on my children to put big smiles on their faces with also the thought that its helping out the club. Nearly £40 to get into the ground and then £17 spent on food within the ground. Only to watch to team just go through the motions as if they could not care less. My two lads were absolutely gutted by what they saw. Southampton were rubbish but managed to make us look even worse and easily the worse team in this league. On top of this on the way home I heard on the radio accusations that Mark McGhee had sworn at fans that dared to have an opinion on the perfomance or lack of from the team. Also on Talk Sport I heard the match report from their reporter that completely summed it up for me, he said, "If Brighton are to go down surely their fans deserve to see them go down with a bang rather than the complete surrender they witnessed today. Hang your heads in shame"

And So they should!! I've been a lifelong supporter for over 30 years but i've just about had enough of all this!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But apart from all that, how was you day? :jester:

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
H yeah and on top of that, my boys have to go back to school a week on tuesday and put up with the usual crap from Pompy and Saints fans! But i think they are great to put up with the stick they get and still stick by the team. Shame the team and management let them down. Apart from all that, Yeah, just great thanks!

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
equip your children with harry redknapp comments to combat the pompey and southampton jibes along with 'your not a big club anymore' ect for saints and the fact that pompey fans can look forward to a trip to southend next season as opposed to old trafford!

if all else fails tell your kids that i have 5 seats from the away end at the dell from the last game there that i ripped up (not on my own) but which are gathering dust under my desk till the day i decide to sell them on ebay.......if this can be used as ammunition at all against their tormentors?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Night all ... red wine taking it's toll :wave: :wave:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Isle of Wight Seagull said:
I wanted to say how disgusted I was today with how the game went and how I thought the players showed a complete lack of passion and will to win. I live on the Isle of Wight now and made the trip up, My day consisted of a £45 return ferry trip, £200 spent in the Albion shop on my children to put big smiles on their faces with also the thought that its helping out the club. Nearly £40 to get into the ground and then £17 spent on food within the ground. Only to watch to team just go through the motions as if they could not care less. My two lads were absolutely gutted by what they saw. Southampton were rubbish but managed to make us look even worse and easily the worse team in this league. On top of this on the way home I heard on the radio accusations that Mark McGhee had sworn at fans that dared to have an opinion on the perfomance or lack of from the team. Also on Talk Sport I heard the match report from their reporter that completely summed it up for me, he said, "If Brighton are to go down surely their fans deserve to see them go down with a bang rather than the complete surrender they witnessed today. Hang your heads in shame"

And So they should!! I've been a lifelong supporter for over 30 years but i've just about had enough of all this!

I don't think Southampton our the worst team in this division, we were beaten by a better side today.

Last edited:

1066gull

Re: Re: Todays Surrender

brightonfan_86 said:
I don't think Southampton our the worst team in this division, we were beaten by a better side today.
No matter what, we are the worst.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Todays Surrender

Bry Nylon said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Must admit, that DID cross my mind too.

£17 !!!!!!!
Yeah, 4 burgers and chips please.
Oh sod it, three Yorkies and a Wagon Wheel as well. Oh, and a hotdog. Yep, onions. And a bag of cheese & onion. And two cokes.

Got any trays ?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
:lol:

£17 is about what they charge for Bread and Pullit in the Withdean though?

They've got the market cornered.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Todays Surrender

Easy 10 said:
Yeah, 4 burgers and chips please.
Oh sod it, three Yorkies and a Wagon Wheel as well. Oh, and a hotdog. Yep, onions. And a bag of cheese & onion. And two cokes.

Oh, and a waffer-thin mint please

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Have loads of sympathy with you. All the wife's side of the family are Southampton or Portsmouth and I am off down there for Sunday dinner as usual today. Will still have one of the boys in the stripres on Southsea common so keep the faith.
me and my mates were all in the East stand and there were loads of kids thewre and we were saying what a shame it was as a load of them looked totally bored. It's hard enough steerring them clear of the Chelsea's of this world as it is and that sort of performance doesn't help in the slightest!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Have loads of sympathy with you. All the wife's side of the family are Southampton or Portsmouth and I am off down there for Sunday dinner as usual today. Will still have one of the boys in the stripres on Southsea common so keep the faith.
me and my mates were all in the East stand and there were loads of kids thewre and we were saying what a shame it was as a load of them looked totally bored. It's hard enough steerring them clear of the Chelsea's of this world as it is and that sort of performance doesn't help in the slightest!

Try it with my input this time:dunce:

Have loads of sympathy as my wife's side of the family are all Southampton or Portsmouth so am really hacked off that we lost to them and that the bigger scum look like they may escape relegation. (Come on the Baggies) Will still have my boy wearing the stripes down Southsea common this afternoon after Sunday dinner so keep the faith.
Was also thinking the same about the kids there as sitting in the East Stand, htere were loads there and they mostly looked bored out of their heads. Performances like that do not help keep them away from the premiership option that so many of their school mates take!

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh

brightonfan_86 said:

I was actually saying that we, as our position now shows are by far the worst in this league now

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

brightonfan_86 said:

we are beaten by a better side because there are no worse teams

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading

Very well put,this is my point i make.You don't get anything back after making a huge effort and spending a fortune.Thats why i choose to not bother anymore,whats the point?

10 years homeless,10 years potless,the club just doesn't get anywhere anymore while other clubs move on with considerable ease grrrrr.Its fine for the retards on here to say its life and they tolerate anything,but they simply have no ambition whats so ever.

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here