Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today’s referee (Saints)

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
He is very inexperienced, brought in from Oz to make up the deficit. Which also begs the question why are we getting these inexperienced referees at home every game (this was his second at the Amex). He and a couple others had their first match here.

The ref today was from Merseyside. Still awful though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He's the one who disallowed Maupay's goal against Palace, when Butland lost control of the ball by pushing it down onto Neal's thigh. He essentially decided that a player committed a foul without making a challenge.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The officials weren’t great but our failure to win at home ( again) wasn’t just because of them. If we’d have gone in 2-0 at half time we’d have gone on to win the game.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Totally missed Forster collecting the ball from behind the line and diving onto the pitch with it and then looking around to see if it was spotted by the ref and joker (lino) which it wasn't. The lino was miles behind the play.

Ball blatantly went out. Within a few mins they scored.

Disappointing. Same lino that gave the offside.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally missed Forster collecting the ball from behind the line and diving onto the pitch with it and then looking around to see if it was spotted by the ref and joker (lino) which it wasn't. The lino was miles behind the play.

Had a very clear view of this from my seat. 100% ball was out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I hardly ever criticise officials as they have an incredibly tough job and fans and managers are always too quick to get on their backs and use them as an excuse for their teams poor performance. But today, they were just dreadful! All game!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yep. Directly in line with that and it was blatantly well over the line. Even though he was miles from being in the correct position, he still should have seen it as it was so obvious! Shocking.

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
The most ridiculous decision was to pull play back for a Southampton offside when we were clearly on a break and not giving us the obvious advantage. He clearly did not appreciate what was going on at that point. If a defender had stopped that phase of play with a foul then it would have been a clear yellow card - I hope he gave himself a yellow for that!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He bought every cheap foul that Southampton were willing to sell him, but seemed more than happy to let them be very niggly and occasionally just outright overly physical. Very weird officiating, lino on the East touch line was a joke, never up with play, missed numerous fouls right under his nose. Comically shambolic.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I watched the game on hols in Bruges, but without sound (which does give a different perspective) - and the ref seemed to ignore every incident that resulted in Mwepu being fouled.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m not gonna moan about the disallowed offside goal because I’ve only seen the incident in real play and can’t comment other than I trust the technology
I was the same up until just seeing it on MOTD. The 'attacker' line they drew, was nowhere near Gross. It was in the wrong place. I think he was onside.

I felt today’s match officials fell for all of Saints tricks and diving, missed a number of off the ball fouls on Welbeck and generally didn’t give us much
Agreed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't say he really stuck out as poor - some people around me were getting very upset at some minor decisions that went Saints way but I guess the big call was the offside and that was decided by VAR.
Another big call, was when Cucurella jumped to head the ball, Nathan Tella pushed him with 2 hands, so Cucurella missed the ball. It was a clear foul, but instead Tella got a foul a second later, and they scored.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The officials weren’t great but our failure to win at home ( again) wasn’t just because of them. If we’d have gone in 2-0 at half time we’d have gone on to win the game.

Yep, if we hadn't conceded from that free kick right on half time l think we would have gone on to win at a canter. Mind you 2-1 wasn't a fair reflection of our superiority in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here