Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Referee-Alan Wiley

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Premiership predigree Alan Wiley had a shocker today worst ref i've all season barring that Walsall ref :laugh: anyways i don't know why this ref was officiating today's game clearly out of his depth, cracking result mind you :albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I disagree 100% I thought that he was very good, before blowing for a foul he waited to see if the player gained an advatage and if not he whistled. His only fault was that he blew for fouls when he was 25 yds from the incident when the lino didnt flag and was only 2yds from it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I disagree 100% I thought that he was very good, before blowing for a foul he waited to see if the player gained an advatage and if not he whistled. His only fault was that he blew for fouls when he was 25 yds from the incident when the lino didnt flag and was only 2yds from it.

I'll have to see the penalty again, but as Beachy said earlier - that has to be the record for the only time two players have been booked for a dangerous foul on each other.

:lolol:

I had my eyes on Johnson and thought he was going to off for going in with his studs up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And why book both players in a challenge FFS

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The Whing 'back pass' should have been considered more of a tackle (of sorts) than a back pass for me.

Also, I was bemused as to why Johnson got a booking for the incident that saw him taken off. From where I was, which admittedly wasn't the best view of it, it looked more like their bloke might even have deservfed red as it appeared to be a two footed challenge.

Oh, and not sure that we deserved the pen either ? Although again, I didn't have the best view of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The penalty was just in front of me and there was no doubt about and even then he waited to see if Joe carried on. I couldnt see the incident when the 2 players got booked as it was on the far side of the piych and looking througha bunch of players. I thought that is was for their reaction to each other rather than the tackle as he restarted the game with a dropped ball.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My view of the penalty was a 2nd challenge bought down Ayinsah quite clearly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The penalty was just in front of me and there was no doubt about and even then he waited to see if Joe carried on. I couldnt see the incident when the 2 players got booked as it was on the far side of the piych and looking througha bunch of players. I thought that is was for their reaction to each other rather than the tackle as he restarted the game with a dropped ball.

Didn't see much of a reaction - Johnson seemed to go in with his studs up, and I assumed from the crowd's reactions that the other player did as well.

I may be wrong...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll bow to Ben's Grandad on the pen as he was best placed to see it.

Won't disagree with anyone in the south stand on the Johnson booking.

But from the family stand it was quite clear that Whing just got his foot in to stop their player winning the ball, rather than deliberately making a back pass to Sullivan.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But from the family stand it was quite clear that Whing just got his foot in to stop their player winning the ball, rather than deliberately making a back pass to Sullivan.

The back pass was a clear case of player pressure and a very poor decision.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The back pass was a clear case of player pressure and a very poor decision.

I hope you mean a poor decision on the part of the ref and not Whing ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

southstandchat

Oct 28, 2008
wiley was ridiculous today, he did not let the game flow, he was not helped by his 'assistants' who were awful and looked like intimated young boys. I could not of been more dissapointed with what was nothing short of an horrendous performance.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Generally I thought he was very good, not easy conditions and players sliding about all over the place. In the family stand, so couldn't see the penalty or the punch up. Clear view of the 'back pass'. Whing stuck his foot out to get something on the ball, it was desperation he had no intention of passing it back to the keeper. Sullivan clearly thought about whether he could pick it up and rightly that it wasn't an intentional back pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here