Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays Liverpool Echo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantastic article.
You see, Meridien ? Even a media source on Merseyside is more capable of getting the facts straight about a club hundreds of miles away than you and your "Brighton & Hove Albion sold their ground" crap you broadcasted yesterday.

Providing a "balanced view" does NOT mean you should warp the facts either way. Well done Liverpool Echo :clap:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
liverpool_one said:
im an albion fan who has been living in liverpool for ten years now and used to post on this site but mainly just view it now.
anyway to the point, the liverpool echo today ran a full page story on the albion about the falmer campaign and the past troubles at the club it was very in depth and explained the reasons why this is so important not just for the albion but for all of football.
the story had the heading, why fans must unite, and at the end of the story it even had the dpm addresss for letters and the e-mail address. and urged people to write and e-mail as soon as possible as, as we are all very aware a decision is imminent.
and it also included a picture of young fans at the last ever goldstone game with reefs saying goldstone rip.
thought i should let you know about this as it is another enormous amount of people from the other side of the country who are now aware of what is going on and hopefully will start writing to the dpm.

james chapman:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap:

James, do you know the author of the piece? I'm sure a few emails of thanks from us to the Liverpool Echo wouldn't go amiss.....

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thanks to the Echo

Mark Dickinson - the Editor of the Echo is an old editor of mine. I have just written this email to John Thompson (Sports EDitor at the Echo) thanking them both for that terrific piece:

Dear John

As a former national newspaper journalist and lifelong (over 40 years) Brighton and Hove Albion supporter I am writing to thank you and Mark so very much for the excellent piece on our club's plight. It was truly a piece of remarkable public spirited reporting. Thank you

Dandyman

In London village.
Just noticed that they are owned by Trinity Mirror. Any thoughts on how we can get teh Daily Mirror to pick up on this (Piers Morgan is a Sussex boy, although he supports the Woolwich Nomads).

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Personal plea

I have mailed the Liverpool Echo story with an added personal plea to these newspapers:
thepost@mrn.co.uk <thepost@mrn.co.uk>; newsdesk@cambridge-news.co.uk <newsdesk@cambridge-news.co.uk>; rebecca.stephens@peterboroughnow.co.uk <rebecca.stephens@peterboroughnow.co.uk>; perry.austin-clarke@bradford.newsquest.co.uk <perry.austin-clarke@bradford.newsquest.co.uk>; JTaylor@aldershot.co.uk <JTaylor@aldershot.co.uk>; eveningmail@mrn.co.uk <eveningmail@mrn.co.uk>; Sports_Argus@mrn.co.uk <Sports_Argus@mrn.co.uk>; SundayMercury@mrn.co.uk <SundayMercury@mrn.co.uk>; newsdesk@bournemouthecho.co.uk <newsdesk@bournemouthecho.co.uk>; barry.peters@buryfreepress.co.uk <barry.peters@buryfreepress.co.uk>; saralewis@westcountrypublications.co.uk <saralewis@westcountrypublications.co.uk>; acoleby@nepdc.co.uk <acoleby@nepdc.co.uk>; kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk <kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk>; editorial@reading-epost.co.uk <editorial@reading-epost.co.uk>; admin@nepdc.co.uk <admin@nepdc.co.uk>; mveale@nepdc.co.uk <mveale@nepdc.co.uk>; kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk <kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk>; slewis@nepdc.co.uk <slewis@nepdc.co.uk>; m.drew@expressandstar.co.uk <m.drew@expressandstar.co.uk>; kharrison@expressandstar.co.uk <kharrison@expressandstar.co.uk>; kyoung@the-let.co.uk <kyoung@the-let.co.uk>; editorial@barnsley-chronicle.co.uk <editorial@barnsley-chronicle.co.uk>; letters@nwemail.co.uk <letters@nwemail.co.uk>; gmorgan@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk <gmorgan@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk>; newsroom@shropshirestar.co.uk <newsroom@shropshirestar.co.uk>; newsdesk@thesentinel.co.uk <newsdesk@thesentinel.co.uk>; pat.lavelle@northeast-press.co.uk <pat.lavelle@northeast-press.co.uk>

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
That is a very good article and all credit to the Liverpool echo seeing as there is no real need to do it in Liverpool

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Re: Personal plea

On the Left Wing said:
I have mailed the Liverpool Echo story with an added personal plea to these newspapers:
thepost@mrn.co.uk <thepost@mrn.co.uk>; newsdesk@cambridge-news.co.uk <newsdesk@cambridge-news.co.uk>; rebecca.stephens@peterboroughnow.co.uk <rebecca.stephens@peterboroughnow.co.uk>; perry.austin-clarke@bradford.newsquest.co.uk <perry.austin-clarke@bradford.newsquest.co.uk>; JTaylor@aldershot.co.uk <JTaylor@aldershot.co.uk>; eveningmail@mrn.co.uk <eveningmail@mrn.co.uk>; Sports_Argus@mrn.co.uk <Sports_Argus@mrn.co.uk>; SundayMercury@mrn.co.uk <SundayMercury@mrn.co.uk>; newsdesk@bournemouthecho.co.uk <newsdesk@bournemouthecho.co.uk>; barry.peters@buryfreepress.co.uk <barry.peters@buryfreepress.co.uk>; saralewis@westcountrypublications.co.uk

<saralewis@westcountrypublications.co.uk>; acoleby@nepdc.co.uk <acoleby@nepdc.co.uk>; kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk <kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk>; editorial@reading-epost.co.uk <editorial@reading-epost.co.uk>; admin@nepdc.co.uk <admin@nepdc.co.uk>; mveale@nepdc.co.uk <mveale@nepdc.co.uk>; kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk <kscrivener@nepdc.co.uk>; slewis@nepdc.co.uk <slewis@nepdc.co.uk>; m.drew@expressandstar.co.uk <m.drew@expressandstar.co.uk>; kharrison@expressandstar.co.uk <kharrison@expressandstar.co.uk>; kyoung@the-let.co.uk <kyoung@the-let.co.uk>; editorial@barnsley-chronicle.co.uk <editorial@barnsley-chronicle.co.uk>; letters@nwemail.co.uk <letters@nwemail.co.uk>; gmorgan@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk <gmorgan@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk>; newsroom@shropshirestar.co.uk <newsroom@shropshirestar.co.uk>; newsdesk@thesentinel.co.uk <newsdesk@thesentinel.co.uk>; pat.lavelle@northeast-press.co.uk <pat.lavelle@northeast-press.co.uk>

TOP LAD

Just done the same to the Evening Standard...one of UK's biggest papers

As you may be aware my football club Brighton are presently facing a crisis that could lead to the demise of our club. I attach an article recently prepared by the Liverpool Echo, who have taken up our cause and asked readers to support us, by writing and lobbying John Prescott. On Tuesday 85 English clubs sent flowers to John Prescott outlining their support for our proposed new stadium.

Londoners have a proud football history and many London Clubs have benefited and relished rivalries and games with Brighton including recently: Crystal Palace, QPR, Leyton Orient, Watford, Wimbledon, Millwall and Barnet. We also have great links with Charlton, Arsenal, West Ham and Tottenham. I hope you raise your readers awareness of our cause.

LC

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
provincial press

Well that looks like the provincial regional, local and national press pretty well bomdarded with the Echo story.
On the law of averages (flinging mud against a wall) we should get some update.
Would be great if other ex-pat Seagulls could keep an eye on their local press and let us all know what is printed.
Live and Die Albion
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A COPY OF THIS ARTICLE PLEASE... I AM KEEPING A PRESS PACK FOR JP's OFFICE. ALSO ANY OTHER ARTICLES, TA. TTFN

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
:dunce: Obviously I should have mentioned in the above not to worry about Argus or national press!!! And PM for address. Cheers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And, London Calling, we did just give hundreds of flowers to one of London's most famous hospitals, St Thomas's.

That might be of interest to the Standard.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Just sent them this thank you:

I would like to thank you for featuring an article about Brighton & Hove Albion's plight. I came across it on North Stand Chat ( Albion fans Forum.) I know that your article has been e-mailed to several other local newspapers across the country. Thanks to your report, hopefully several other papers will take up our cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here