Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's attendance

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Next seasons more the worry wether we stay up or not. Which brings me to think if we are top of league one winning week in week out banging the goals in would the crowds be bigger than a season struggling in the championship again?

Yes. Brighton fans have always been fickle. If the team is winning we'll get massive crowds, if the team is losing, we won't, regardless of what division we are in.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
jesus.....nearly 7000 down on tickets sold tues night!!! that must be an eye opener for the suits!!!!

Don't worry we have just employed another suit to help Barber out, who is experienced in selling pantomime tickets and he thinks we have a great product. Everything will turn out fine.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Although a supporter for many years I did not have a season ticket until the Amex was built,after two seasons I was so frustrated that I decided not to renew my ticket and attend when standard of play and results improved,I am still waiting for the improvements,but am £s in pocket.

You seem very smug and pleased with yourself. Didn't renew after only two seasons, yeah they were terrible years those first two seasons. Maybe use that saved money to buy a gun and play russian roulette with yourself?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Although a supporter for many years I did not have a season ticket until the Amex was built,after two seasons I was so frustrated that I decided not to renew my ticket and attend when standard of play and results improved,I am still waiting for the improvements,but am £s in pocket.

I'm not sure you quite understand what 'supporting' a lower league club is about. I assume you stopped going to games in the late 90's because we were so poor and weren't reaching your required entertainment standards then?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I was in the same boat regarding a season ticket but don't understand how you was frustrated after 2 seasons? I 'm not sure what you were expecting above what we got? The first season was a great rollercoaster getting to the Amex and the second season we had one of the best quality squads I've ever seen us have even if it did end up going a bit wrong at the end. If that's what you call frustration I'm surprised you've managed to call yourself a supporter for many years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder how the pie and pint sales are doing recently ? 2 home games in a week when the queues have been minimal.

Queue was one deep at half time in the North today. Brilliant for anybody wanting food and drink at half time. For the the club? Not so much.

Patently obvious that the queues function like clockwork with a 20K attendance. Beyond that, not so much.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Having just read this again, I've realised it is a wind-up. And now I feel silly for biting. Ah well, not the first time and won't be the last.

all this money the club are not taking is bad news for Mr Barber and Mr Bloom they must be wondering where its all going wrong!! Cant imagine they envisaged a 6-7 thousand drop in actual attendees with a top choice manager,a committed assistant manager and a summer transfer activity containing a squad good enough to challenge for promotion....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Amazed people care so much about the announcement. 90% of other Championship clubs do. Is there nothing more important to worry yourselves about?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
all this money the club are not taking is bad news for Mr Barber and Mr Bloom they must be wondering where its all going wrong!! Cant imagine they envisaged a 6-7 thousand drop in actual attendees with a top choice manager,a committed assistant manager and a summer transfer activity containing a squad good enough to challenge for promotion....

Have no fear Roy, they have a new suit just employed to fix the ticket sales problem, listen to Paul Beirne here on today's podcast http://www.albionroar.co.uk/

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Certainly not 20000 in the ground today, and about 16500 on Tuesday, I would think.

It is odd to leave home, in Ovingdean, as late as I did, 2.15, and to be on the WSU concourse by 2.35 (my wife drove me, and dropped me off). The traffic on Farmer Road used to back up almost as far as Woodingdean, but you sail through now. I was home by 5.20, too.

So it's not all bad.

Mate told me today that someone requested a "Freedom of Information" regarding Tuesdays actual attendance. It apparently came back as 16200. Worrying!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazed people care so much about the announcement. 90% of other Championship clubs do. Is there nothing more important to worry yourselves about?

In and of itself, I don't give a toss about the pretendance -> attendance gap. But it is as good an indication as we've got as to how season ticket renewals will be received amongst the Albion fanbase. That is the 'worry'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're told that every club announces tickets sold rather than people through the gates, do other clubs' fans take issue with it?

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Our gang stated with 10 ST at the "dream PLR", next year will be just 4! They're giving up because it's boring which is a sad stat of affairs but true.

Unfortunately 3 of us are "lifers", so we've seen it all before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here