Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays atmosphere - worst ever at the Amex?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We now move around the ground from game to game since we gave up our ST's, without question the North stand do their best to support the team and make continuous noise. WSU might make more volume but only for very short period as.

The crap bit is that there are at least 3 separate singing groups in the north, all doing their best, all trying, but ultimately achieving not much in the big scheme of things. All about architecture/geography, we need a deeper home end.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I disagree, with much aplomb.

In the ESU, whilst avoiding octaves of too high tone, lest it set of Albert's panic alarm, we stuttered along with much gusto to Sussex by the sea.

A young lady, in her 50s, made a dismissive waving guesture at one of the referees decisions too. She is clearly new, and unaware of the protocols, but this largely went unnoticed as the clock had almost reached 85 minutes, and folk were plotting the available slack in the gangways of the exits.

Nobby did raise his hands to the height of his ears to give an overhead clap at the arrival of Lua Lua, and whilst he didn't go through with it, it clearly shows that we are doing our best to make a rousing contribution towards the atmospherics.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I disagree, with much aplomb.

In the ESU, whilst avoiding octaves of too high tone, lest it set of Albert's panic alarm, we stuttered along with much gusto to Sussex by the sea.

A young lady, in her 50s, made a dismissive waving guesture at one of the referees decisions too. She is clearly new, and unaware of the protocols, but this largely went unnoticed as the clock had almost reached 85 minutes, and folk were plotting the available slack in the gangways of the exits.

Nobby did raise his hands to the height of his ears to give an overhead clap at the arrival of Lua Lua, and whilst he didn't go through with it, it clearly shows that we are doing our best to make a rousing contribution towards the atmospherics.

I think the ESU should be made to do a slow motion Mexican wave that basically just involves looking up to the heavens one after another as you must have done today at many of our finishes. The overall effect would be like a cross between Gervais' Derek leading OAP "funtime" and those moments in Premier League games when Sky point guns at small children and hiss "look happy".

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm looking forward to the away games at least the fans sing their hearts out.

Clearly another ignorant slight at the ESU. Given the cardiac frailties that exist, nobody will be singing their hearts out.

You're probably some 40 something kid with no respect for your trailblazers.

We're going to bring a record player and amplifier with us next Tuesday and play Gracie Field's version of Sussex by the Sea at full volume, just to confuse the feck out of you sprogs.

Actually, maybe not next Tuesday. It's double money at Gala.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the ESU should be made to do a slow motion Mexican wave that basically just involves looking up to the heavens one after another as you must have done today at many of our finishes. The overall effect would be like a cross between Gervais' Derek leading OAP "funtime" and those moments in Premier League games when Sky point guns at small children and hiss "look happy".

Ron started a mexican wave at the Derby County play-off match. The rapid trajectory of the arm movement propelled him backwards and he landed face down on the lap of Brenda, a first timer, in the seat behind. She's been to every match since.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
The home atmosphere is shit, I accepted this not long after the first season. It's nothing against the Albion, home atmospheres are shit at pretty much all English clubs.

I was hoping Albion could be different, but oh well... like others have said, there's always away games.

Wow, the 1st season, now that's going back some!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Clearly another ignorant slight at the ESU. Given the cardiac frailties that exist, nobody will be singing their hearts out.

You're probably some 40 something kid with no respect for your trailblazers.

We're going to bring a record player and amplifier with us next Tuesday and play Gracie Field's version of Sussex by the Sea at full volume, just to confuse the feck out of you sprogs.

Actually, maybe not next Tuesday. It's double money at Gala.

Wrong on all accounts. Instead of all the clever puns trying to respond to my post quote: "I'm looking forward to the away games at least the fans sing their hearts out." try using your daydreaming ideas to actually get behind the team......verbally.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wrong on all accounts. Instead of all the clever puns trying to respond to my post quote: "I'm looking forward to the away games at least the fans sing their hearts out." try using your daydreaming ideas to actually get behind the team......verbally.

I'll pass your thoughts on at the Post Office next Thursday. If you can send along some song sheets we'd be most grateful.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Until the 70th minute when the crowd sort of woke up....or maybe that's cause the action was up at my end at the time.

Barely heard any songs...unenthusiastic clapping...and many areas of the stadium that were as quiet as the Seasiders.

Is it just because we were being bored to tears by the performance? Or are the songs we have now just not catching on?

Would you care to rephrase that or were you causing something of a distraction to the crowd?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the North Stand is falling short of its usual high standards, without them at full tilt the rest of the ground is inevitably subdued.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here