Today's argus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I still maintain that Hammond was one of the key reasons for our meanness last year and I reckon that a replacement for him is crucial.

I disagree. I think we gave away less goals because we had a better keeper, better left back, an improved player in Bridcutt and help from Spanish Dave. I actually think Hammond slowed us down going forward too. I agree that his battling qualities helped in the middle of the park, but I don't remember him defending much, unlike Bridcutt and Spanish Dave.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I disagree. I think we gave away less goals because we had a better keeper, better left back, an improved player in Bridcutt and help from Spanish Dave. I actually think Hammond slowed us down going forward too. I agree that his battling qualities helped in the middle of the park, but I don't remember him defending much, unlike Bridcutt and Spanish Dave.

I can remember him making two SENSATIONAL last ditch sliding tackles, in front of the Amex North goal, towards the end of the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've heard rumours of 2 Spaniards arriving by the weekend and one Brit next week. Nothing concrete though.

Would be great if the Spaniards joined at the start of the tour, rather than at the end. One in before the first match ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports