Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Today is International whisky/whiskey day!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Auchentoshan American Oak , a Glengoyne 12yo, finish off the bottle of Paddy I bought for St Patrick's Day (any excuse for Murphy and a dram) and a bit of Makers Mark 46 which was on offer with Amazon this week.

Glengoyne 12

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Normally I'm against these "international days of" which are either marketing devices, forced fun or yet more identity politics.

I'll make an exception here.

Talisker is my go-to and it just so happened that last week Tesco had a Clubcard deal offering £14 off a bottle of Talisker Skye, which is sitting, unopened, in the cupboard. Looks like tonight is the night to open it! :whisky:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
2926ac1c09d5220bf3f5350bcdfa4c4b.jpg

I went off whisky after 1 particularly heavy New Years Eve but this is superb and rekindled my liking for it.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Arran 10 year old is my tipple of choice. A fabulous dark finish for a 10 year old malt and one with more Speyside flavours than one would expect from a West coast Island distillery. They have discontinued the 10 year old for the time being but the Whiskey Exchange have it for a shade under £36 a bottle.

I am down to my last four bottles....must stock up!
:)

TNBA

TTF

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No chance! Am on hired van driving duty this weekend - daughter's flat moving. Best stay off the hard stuff!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Black Bush for me

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Starting with Highland Park Saltire (David Coultard edition) - let’s see where the night goes

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Prefer blonde myself........

Always Irish and redhead , by the way lads and lasses Whiskey is the only way to go imho . But if you can combine a redhead and a good Irish whiskey you`re a lucky man indeed , currently in love with Pogue`s single malt that a very kind spuds friend bought for me , and am now on my 3rd bottle .:love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here