Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today In Perspective

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
At the end of today and after a pretty comfortable and comprehensive win over a potential bogey team, we are as folllows :-

3 points clear of Bournemouth with 2 games in hand

6 points clear of Huddersfield with 1 game in hand

8 points clear of Southampton on level games

In my opinion the rest are not relevant

And next week when we are at Stoke, Bournemoth are home to Huddersfield. Happy days !

Looks like a positive scenario from where I'm sittting !!! :lol:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If none of the other teams now score more than an average of the magic 2 points a game for promotion, then the most anyone can get is Charlton on 85.

So 30 points ( or 6 wins, and relegation form of 12 points in the other 12 matches ), will see us as champions.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Charlton are a potential danger - 9 points behind but with a game in hand on us and on a great run of results.

However, they have to play Southampton home & away - so could do us a favour.

Confident we are going up :amex:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Again how you can write off Charlton is beyond me

And I'm pretty sure it's only DAGENHAM we still have to play twice - Saints have Charlton twice :)

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Again how you can write off Charlton is beyond me

And I'm pretty sure it's only DAGENHAM we still have to play twice - Saints have Charlton twice :)

Agreed not to write off Charlton, they're on a roll now and I'm hopinh will still have to play B'muff and Huddersfield again too.

I believe we also have to play Notts County twice too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having seen Bristol Rovers last week, I cannot in a million years see them getting something out of Bournemouth on Tuesday, but we live in hope.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is all wrong and listen to Tanno - we are our own worst enemy so stop analysing and just believe week by week

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Charton win their game in hand they go above Southampton, how can you write them off?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Just had a look at all the promotion contenders remaining fixtures and I wouldn't swap ours for anyone elses. For example, Hudders have to play 10 games away compared to just 7 at home.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
At the end of today and after a pretty comfortable and comprehensive win over a potential bogey team, we are as folllows :-

3 points clear of Bournemouth with 2 games in hand

6 points clear of Huddersfield with 1 game in hand

8 points clear of Southampton on level games

In my opinion the rest are not relevant

And next week when we are at Stoke, Bournemoth are home to Huddersfield. Happy days !

Looks like a positive scenario from where I'm sittting !!! :lol:

Still think Charlton is relative. As well, they have a game on us i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here