Today....cant believe it

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Today was my first game of the season as i had tried to justify coming to the Withdean at all after last years crap. Oh my god....its bloody worse!
I cant believe how inept the whole team were. Truly shocking. I have followed the club for 35 years and am afraid to say i think i`ve come to the end of the road with it. The worrying thing is i am not alone. I can name at least 6 other mates who have given up on it, all of who had been going for years too. Its just a sub standardc product for a hiked up price. I could always stomach Withdean because there was always some entertainment, effort, hope..call it what you will.
Dont think you will see me again till Falmer, and even then not if we are in the bloody conference!:nono:

PS....Navaro....Why? Possibly the least
effective outfield player i have seen in the beloved stripes. (including Mark Farrington in that):mad:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
id argue there's over 6 billion people who don't go to withdean.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Even Gully's Girls couldn't be bothered to make it today :(

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
admittedly one game only....and one game too many. Maybe i just cant be arsed to try justifying it to myself any more. I can honestly say it was utter shite

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
So you come to one game and base all your opinions on that? Nice one :bigwave:

This isn't really the point though. People find it very hard to justify paying £25.00 to sit in an uncovered stand with less atmosphere than a dinner round the mother in laws to watch substandard football played by players earning a decent living looking like they don't care. I personally won't go to home games now till falmer for the simple fact that I would rather sit at home and listen to the game. Bad fan or not but I know of lots of people that are completely sick of going to Withdean.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
To be honest, I would forgive those sentiments on the basis of today's performance. Some of those guys need to give up playing football quick, because taking good wages for that performance was day-light robbery.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I dont get to many games right now as i'm away from Brighton quite often but I am a season ticket holder. I know of quite a few fans who have just lost the enthusiasm to go to games anymore and do not attend Albion matches not only because of the high prices for adults, but the fact that it is simply not worth them giving up their Saturday afternoon as it has no longer become something they enjoy or look forward to. Arguably today was only my fifth game i've seen this season, but none of the other four performances I have seen have even come close to what I would count as acceptable. And the same can be said for nearly every game i saw last season.

Dont get me wrong, I dont expect us to perform well and win week in week out, but the standard of football is just completely unacceptable considering we do have some half decent players. It frustrates me massively and i've only seen 5 games this season, I feel for those who go week in week out!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I have a huge amount of sympathy for this post. I think the only thing that is keeping me going is that I am in the last season of my ten year season ticket. And yes, it has been tremendous value, for entertainment for most of those ten years, and financially too. With the exception of London games, which anyway are nearer to me than Brighton, I have stopped going to away games, although by all accounts we are playing better away than at home. But I can honestly say that I have never been so fed up. OK, the football was even worse in much of the 90s but at least we knew why.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My only game at withdean was against stoke and although a dire game it was the stadium that made me not to ever grace that shitehole again.

The stadium is depressing:rant:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least there's usually a good atmosphere on Boxing Day. Even that was missing.

Surprise they didn't announce at the end 'There will be four minutes added torture'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports