[Misc] To what brands are you loyal?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wera for screwdrivers and bits.
Marmite for yeast spread.
I very nearly put Tesco not-Marmite in my list as I have it on toast for breakfast every week day.

It was previously the real thing, but when there was a shortage (during Covid. I think) I reluctantly bought the Tesco variant that, I'm sure, comes out of the same factory. Turned out I preferred it, primarily because it's more spreadable. I'd be interested to do a blind taste test on the two.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Haibike, Audi, Acqua di Parma, Apple, Marmite, Clinique, Harry's, G-Star RAW, Adidas trainers - to name but a few.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ooh.Good thread.

Work stuff;

Helikon for clothing

Magnum for boots

Mechanix for gloves

Shadow Hawk torches.

Maxpedition for pouches and backpacks etc - probably one of my biggest indulgences. One of my packs set me back over £300. But it is the best quality gear on the market and it looks great. It is indestructible and perfectly designed.

I do like 5.11 for certain stuff too.

A lot of that stuff is for work / patrol gear.

Samsung for electricals

Except apple for iPhone

Casual clothing, I mix it up but I don’t have particularly expensive tastes in that department. I’m a bit of a scruff outside of work. Carharrt, Costa, H&M etc

I spend a bit on Stance socks. If you know, you know!

Oh and M&S undercrackers. Always. Without deviation. Ever.

I think I am more fussy than I thought!

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Used to be Adidas trainers but they are too flat and my heel never recovered from a snapped Achilles. Reebok and Puma.
Yorkshire tea.
Ben Sherman shirts.
Levi jeans.
Mazda cars.
Patagonia for outdoorsy and luggage stuff.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I very nearly put Tesco not-Marmite in my list as I have it on toast for breakfast every week day.

It was previously the real thing, but when there was a shortage (during Covid. I think) I reluctantly bought the Tesco variant that, I'm sure, comes out of the same factory. Turned out I preferred it, primarily because it's more spreadable. I'd be interested to do a blind taste test on the two.
Same here. I used to prefer Marmite, but now prefer the Tesco stuff. Every morning on toast. If we have something to ring the changes, it just doesn't feel right.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m adding Yorkshire Tea and John Lewis to my list.

And would also add Waterstones as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Converse Hi-Tops. If you've got wide feet like I have Converse are perfect.
Levis backpacks. The only back or day packs whose zips never break, so sturdy.
Conversely (see what I did there?) I would never be seen dead in Levis jeans, classic 'Man at Next' clobber imho.
:wink: :lolol:
I probably will be seen dead in Levis, my trousers of choice since I was 15 (30 shillings a pair back then!) so I’ll probably shuffle off this mortal coil wearing them :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'll be the fifth to mention Marmite, and second to mention The Wine Society, Basketmakers and Resident Records. I'd add The Hand in Hand into that pub list, Planet India into restaurants and a pizza joint that won't be named.
Two recent introductions are two Chinese chilli sauces -- from Yum Yum which also needs inclusion -- whose names I CBA to go and find (I know what they look like) -- which work wonders with TooFoo, which is firmer, and hence better, than most other beancurd products that I've encountered. That'll do for the moment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like a Moleskine notebook as well. I buy two a year for use as my journal.

And the BBC, although they do test my patience in certain areas.

I always buy base layers from Decathlon.

I hope Bozza is getting some kickbacks from this thread 🤣

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010

I did something similar, and have now tried the fake marmite from Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Aldi. They are all better than Marmite. Never, ever, thought I’d say that. I suspect the fakes are all pretty much the same, but definitely better than the original.

On the odd occasion that I have to resort to my emergency marmite jar it’s a bit of a disappointment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did something similar, and have now tried the fake marmite from Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Aldi. They are all better than Marmite. Never, ever, thought I’d say that. I suspect the fakes are all pretty much the same, but definitely better than the original.

On the odd occasion that I have to resort to my emergency marmite jar it’s a bit of a disappointment.
Asda’s one is spot on.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Subaru for cars, until I realised they were thirsty on fuel.
Milwaukee for power tools.
M&S for nice food.
Waitrose for sushi.
Obento sashimi sauce.
Tesco for our weekly food shop for essentials.
Morrisons for meat, fish and cherry pies.
Argos for cheap rubbish.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Base layers from Decathlon 100% @The Clamp 👍
Great value.
Sainos reduced salt own brand Marmite is half the price (and salt) of regular Marmite. For all the old farts with high blood pressure on here surely the reduced salt option is the go-to choice... :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here