Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lose GM once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose him twice looks like carelessness

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. We paid NO loan fee, nor are we paying all of his wages.

This maybe true, nobody other than the club employees concerned know for sure but even so it could have been more than another club was prepared to pay as there was a lot of comment that we didnt get him in January because a financial deal couldnt be resolved.

As you are obviously one of those mentioned above who do know how does his year loan stand if another club comes in to buy him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Genuinely not sure I follow you. Are we supposed to judge Hemed this season because he scored quite a few goals (including a fair number of penalties) in one half of LAST season? ???

I get the Murray bit. It is very difficult to argue, especially at this moment, with the Murray bit. He's a goalscorer, e.g. Saturday: three opportunities, hat-trick.
What I don't get is the bits about Baldock, Hemed and Barnes. In your view, the former two are just toilers and never score for fun. I think that all three have brilliant work-rates and, beyond that, different qualities. Their finishing is not that difficult to prise apart but, if pushed, Hemed is better with his head (and definitely from the penalty spot) and Baldock from open play. Hemed's goals-to-games ratio is much better than Barnes' in English football. And, as for Baldock, more than willing to have a flutter that he scores more than six this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed GM scores a little more consistently than his usual 3 goals in 1 game, none for the subsequent 4 matches.

We wouldn't want toe OP to look silly now, would we.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I get the Murray bit. It is very difficult to argue, especially at this moment, with the Murray bit. He's a goalscorer, e.g. Saturday: three opportunities, hat-trick.
What I don't get is the bits about Baldock, Hemed and Barnes. In your view, the former two are just toilers and never score for fun. I think that all three have brilliant work-rates

You see, I never got that 'work-rate' thing. It's what held the England national team back for about thirty years.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Now I love Glenn Murray... pretty much everyone knows that...he's a magnificent man

However Im going to be slightly contorversial and say I think possibly more chance of Lord Ulloa returning on a perm than Murray.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hemed's goals-to-games ratio is much better than Barnes' in English football.

That's because Hemed's a striker, Barnes was played upfront in the promotion season but once we were in the Championship he rarely played there. But if you compare them as strikers, Barnes goals-to-games ratio is much better (although it's not a fair comparison as most of them were in a league lower)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As you are obviously one of those mentioned above who do know how does his year loan stand if another club comes in to buy him.

I don't KNOW if this is right, but my assumption would be that he can NOT sign for another club this season, due to FIFAs rule against a player being registered to more than two clubs in a season.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
All these replies and no mention of "one in ten Glenn"? I believe the OP came up with that.

Can he be recalled? Shit.

Where does he live? I know he's building a Withdean mansion but not sure where he is before that?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
why not have both to compete with each other?

Would be ideal.... however I just dont think GM or Ulloa like sitting on the bench anymore, hence he left Bmuff.

Glenn certainly wont want to be sat on the bench at 34 years old...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This maybe true, nobody other than the club employees concerned know for sure but even so it could have been more than another club was prepared to pay as there was a lot of comment that we didnt get him in January because a financial deal couldnt be resolved.

I think it was more down to Eddie being a cretin and not letting him go...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You mean the Ashley Barnes who came on as sub as the Amex v CP and came THAT close to changing the course of Albion history twice in the course of his first minute on the pitch? Which was double what the rest of the team had been able to muster for the first hour and a bit.

Ah, but that's the point, he didn't... no prizes for nearly changing the course of history!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We've been through all this before. But to recap for the hard of thinking...

What did Hemed do for the first half of last season?

What did Baldock do for the whole of last season?

Bearing in mind we missed out on promotion by the slimmest of goal margins due to misfiring 'strikers', I'll take your nagging as worthless happy-clapping. My bad.

So if at the end of this season we miss out on promotion by 2 goals, having scored let's say 120 goals but let in 100, who would you blame, misfiring strikers or poor defending! Think last season we gave away far too many cheap goals...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Glenn Murray is patently seriously happy in his skin, both on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch, he can stand in his garden and listen to Brian Wilson playing live across Preston Park. He can also walk his nipper round the corner to nursery in flip-flops and shorts.

He'll patently never achieve a better work/life balance for the remainder of his career than he's got currently.

does he let fireworks off at 5am?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Glenn Murray is patently seriously happy in his skin, both on and off the pitch.

On the pitch, he's getting unparalleled service at this level and playing with a smile on his face which he never did before.

Off the pitch, he can stand in his garden and listen to Brian Wilson playing live across Preston Park. He can also walk his nipper round the corner to nursery in flip-flops and shorts.

He'll patently never achieve a better work/life balance for the remainder of his career than he's got currently.

Barring injury or multiple suspensions, he'll be weighing in at 25 goals or more this season, more than the rest of our so-called strikers put together.

His parent club will doubtless want a super-inflated sum to let him go.

But it's a price well worth paying. IMHO, like.

Just need Ashley Barnes back to partner him now and it's back to business as usual...
:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here