To all those critical of Gus and the team...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It may help if you can tell us your experience of managing a championship side... your experience in football.. your everyday knowledge of all the Brighton players in training etc.. otherwise you can just shut the f*** up.

I love constructive comments.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Well, now lets see. This is a forum for Brighton FANS.... not the managers, to mull over everything Brighton and Hove Albion. Of Course if you would rather discuss Strictly come dancing then I have no doubt you could find a forum for that somewhere on the internet. So on the basis that we agree this is for fans Of OUR beloved club, what else exactly should we be discussing ?.

If it's conversations with managers of Championship clubs you are after then I suggest you look elsewhere. As for experience of the Brighton players, I guess we will just have to stick to our knowledge of them in reserve games / friendlies / and first team matches as opposed to training, although I think that will suffice.

"Otherwise just shut the f*** up ". Seriously ?. You would be on here talking to yourself.

:clap2:

ok.. I agree with you. Shit team.. shit ground.. shit fans.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
ok.. I agree with you. Shit team.. shit ground.. shit fans.

I think you have what is known as depression. I know how you fell fella. Shit night, but not all bad at all. If we had not conceeded first it would have been a different game. SHIT HAPPENS. If you want my ACTUAL opinions, funnily enough they will be on the thread entitled OPINIONS ?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I think you have what is known as depression. I know how you fell fella. Shit night, but not all bad at all. If we had not conceeded first it would have been a different game. SHIT HAPPENS. If you want my ACTUAL opinions, funnily enough they will be on the thread entitled OPINIONS ?

No. I am unhappy that we lost but thought we played well. I just did not like the crystal palace and southampton fans coming on our board to take the piss.. to tell us how we are crap. If you want to take account of their opinions.. well I just asked for their experience in managing a club. If Ferguson told us we were shit then maybe I would take notice. But not these wankers... or do you think they are correct?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Gus is a good manager, but IMHO has been a bit naive this season and in my view it's totaly acceptable to point out these areas.

He is learning and is being backed by the chairman and will now doubt strongly add to the squad in January.

Chill out people!

We are not that good but we are certainly not that bad.

Top post. I think the most frustrating thing is that a fair number of the goals we have conceded have been self-inflicted, rather than down to the other team's quality; tonight obviously, Millwall's equaliser, the way we allowed Palace players to run at us, and so on. Tonight though, I thought we started to worry West Ham and were panicking them into conceding corners, but we lacked a cutting edge to take advantage. Fair point on Gus being slightly naive - it seems to be a thing with flair managers; they have very strong principles as to how the game should be played and don't like changing: Wenger and Brendan Rodgers are the other clearest examples. I was listening to Wolves v Swansea on Saturday. It could have just as easily been us. Swansea played beautiful football and rushed into a 2-0 lead, and Wolves looked out of it. Then they started lumping it long and throwing loads of players into the box, and Swansea's defence crumbled. Having let in one, they failed to react and it happened again. I think Gus hoped we could do well playing with fast, small players, whereas in this league that doesn't always work.

As for Mr Steele, yes maybe you've got a point, but why insult anyone that doesn't agree with you? It got me annoyed during the Knight-McGhee period that the debate was so aggressive: one half, Ernest, etc, were coming out with all the Dick Tight nonsense, whereas the other side if you dared to say anything critical trotted out the same old, "Dick Knight saved this club" line, i.e. because of that, he couldn't do anything wrong. The same thing is happening once more.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No. I am unhappy that we lost but thought we played well. I just did not like the crystal palace and southampton fans coming on our board to take the piss.. to tell us how we are crap. If you want to take account of their opinions.. well I just asked for their experience in managing a club. If Ferguson told us we were shit then maybe I would take notice. But not these wankers... or do you think they are correct?

I was right, grow up ... stop crying, dust yourself down, ask mummy for a hot cocoa and got to bed. I wouldn't mind if your criticism was constructive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Adkins built a team with one eye on the championship. Gus DIDNT. Epic FAIL

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Posted and deleted thanks to my shit broadband connection and deleted [repeated post]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports