Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all those Championship Scouts at the Peterborough game

Jul 5, 2003
This is just to let you know that it isn't worth your time coming back. We really aren't that good. We may have scored 13 goals in the last 4 games but we've let 3 in. That simply isn't good enough!

If you came to see Elliott Bennett, that was only his 4th goal of the season and his shot was heading for the corner flag before, what I can only assume was a massive gust of wind, caused the ball to swerve. Lucky boy! His goal tally isn't good enough for an attacking midfielder. He wouldn't be worth the money.

If you came to see Glenn Murray, he didn't even score and he calls himself a striker! You should have seen his recent goal at Withdean. He had some mud stuck on the bottom of his boots and as he went to shake it off the ball hit his studs and flew into the net. He couldn't have known what he was doing as he had his back to the goal! Don't worry about him we'll keep him and he can rot in our first team.

If you came to see Inigo Calderon did you see his first touch and his first cross? Enough said. No wonder Southampton didn't sign him.

I'm sorry if you came to see Ashley Barnes. He was feeling a little peaky this morning so he phoned Gus and asked him if he could sit on the bench. He didn't want to run around as his boots were a bit tight! As you saw, even when we brought him on in the second half he failed to score.

I'm not sure if you were there to check up on Gus but his motivational skills are poor. Just look at Chris Holroyd. Never scored for us, we send him out on loan and he scores 6 goals then comes back to us and can't score again. He sold Dean Cox to struggling Orient and he's scored 5 from the wing!! Unbelievably, he sold Craig Davies to Chesterfield and he's scored 15 goals this season. One day, with all that passing back to the keeper we're going to lose 6-0 and all the goals will have come from Greer and El Abd back passes. Very strange tactic indeed. No, don't bother with Gus he's not up to it.

As I said before, save your money....or go and watch Southampton. They've got some excellent players and how they're not 15 points clear really baffles us Brighton fans. They were so good against us that their manager, that nice geezer Mr Adkins, thought we were being negative. The fact that we had the best chances in that game was just due to the run of good luck we were having at the time (we had recently got 4 at Charlton and 3 at Peterborough playing that dreadful pass-it-back-to-the-keeper stuff). We even missed a fortunate penalty at St. Mary's(that was due to the fact that our strikers aren't very good - see above).

Anyway, I'm taking up too much of your precious time so I'm off now. Bye!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
This is just to let you know that it isn't worth your time coming back. We really aren't that good. We may have scored 13 goals in the last 4 games but we've let 3 in. That simply isn't good enough!

If you came to see Elliott Bennett, that was only his 4th goal of the season and his shot was heading for the corner flag before, what I can only assume was a massive gust of wind, caused the ball to swerve. Lucky boy! His goal tally isn't good enough for an attacking midfielder. He wouldn't be worth the money.

If you came to see Glenn Murray, he didn't even score and he calls himself a striker! You should have seen his recent goal at Withdean. He had some mud stuck on the bottom of his boots and as he went to shake it off the ball hit his studs and flew into the net. He couldn't have known what he was doing as he had his back to the goal! Don't worry about him we'll keep him and he can rot in our first team.

If you came to see Inigo Calderon did you see his first touch and his first cross? Enough said. No wonder Southampton didn't sign him.

I'm sorry if you came to see Ashley Barnes. He was feeling a little peaky this morning so he phoned Gus and asked him if he could sit on the bench. He didn't want to run around as his boots were a bit tight! As you saw, even when we brought him on in the second half he failed to score.

I'm not sure if you were there to check up on Gus but his motivational skills are poor. Just look at Chris Holroyd. Never scored for us, we send him out on loan and he scores 6 goals then comes back to us and can't score again. He sold Dean Cox to struggling Orient and he's scored 5 from the wing!! Unbelievably, he sold Craig Davies to Chesterfield and he's scored 15 goals this season. One day, with all that passing back to the keeper we're going to lose 6-0 and all the goals will have come from Greer and El Abd back passes. Very strange tactic indeed. No, don't bother with Gus he's not up to it.

As I said before, save your money....or go and watch Southampton. They've got some excellent players and how they're not 15 points clear really baffles us Brighton fans. They were so good against us that their manager, that nice geezer Mr Adkins, thought we were being negative. The fact that we had the best chances in that game was just due to the run of good luck we were having at the time (we had recently got 4 at Charlton and 3 at Peterborough playing that dreadful pass-it-back-to-the-keeper stuff). We even missed a fortunate penalty at St. Mary's(that was due to the fact that our strikers aren't very good - see above).

Anyway, I'm taking up too much of your precious time so I'm off now. Bye!

Yeah, we are shit!! There are some great players at St Mary's though. Real good, real cheap!!!

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Were so bad that i moved away to save me the heartache of having to watch that lot wasting time from the 1st minute passing back to the keeper!

Take a leaf out of my book, stay well clear of Withdean!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That Ankergren is such a poor goalkeeper, he can barely kick the ball past half way. Clearly rubbish and not worth looking at.

Just who was the idiot at left back today? No pace whatsoever, and he's only scored once all season!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
7 championship scouts at the game,but all looking at posh players i hope

Naturally they'd want to cherry pick players away from a club that will be a threat in their division next season.

I would imagine the players themselves could be drawn towards money as an immediate agenda, but will it see them through in the long run, if they get stuck in reserves or on benches or working under twat-head managers in dodgy clubs in dull areas of the country?

Excuse me if I'm overstating my club and city's status in the British Isles, but really, what is the better option for a Brighton and Hove Albion professional footballer - in the long run?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here